• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fiddle around with some setting found out i can make it idle at 300 rpm if i wanted lol, but it bearly ticks over ;) but there kinda of a jump from about 500 to 1000-1100 still need a spring on the throttle to stop idle hunt. But when i close it myself its really smooth. Also thought i shot a piston/broke something, after dialing in a new map (was just use some random standard one like froma V8 or something... no wonder why it was running so rich lol) it wouldnt crank then BANG and a really nasting startup idle. Lots of poping fizzing and so on. All it was just the spark advance trying to companse for the new map and me screwing it up.... so pretty much just igniting the fuel in the extracotrs....

But now its very smooth, still needs accelerator tunning but yeah. Hopefully tuseday i be able to take it up on the street for a little spin. Would have done it today but spent most of the day screwing round with new VE tables and me forgeting to keep tunning the startup fueling. (Ie it wasnt starting and me going wtf)

also since i put in the o2 sensore (still not hooked up lol) it dosnt sound like a mower any more !

Edited by Jason

Uhhhhhhg, i forgot when i was messing around with the warmup settings it was already warm, so i changed the VE tables and everything, not it dosnt idle and bearly revs up. As soon as the MAP comes off max vacume it dies :D looks like a long weekend tunning. Before i can drive

• 2 months later...

I'm back :)

after my friends bugging me to get my car finished i decided i needed some inspiration, so i cranked up the MAPS so that basically flood the motor and went for a tare round the block :D

I had a break for a wile, i was tunning and everything went wrong. So after seeing how much power this thing will have wen fully tuned - AND ANOTHER THROTTLE coming SOON- for easer tunning. I'm like.... wow O.O not meaning to light up the tires that easily :cool:

so watch this space, stuff will be on and off as i move into tests but still...

J

• 4 weeks later...

Been busy studding and taking breaks from studding... ;) any way i just need to smooth off the edges and it ready to be welded. If only i could tig... and had a tig... :bash:

but should be up and going again in just over a week

post-303-1181814310.jpg

Edited by Jason

• 3 months later...

hey hey!

well i finally got my welded manifold back :) just finished putting the TB back on. Tomrorowowo i will be finding a cable splitter and making some mounts for the troatle cables. And if i can do that tomorow...... i should be running again by them aswell.

• 4 weeks later...

Driving cars is SOOO much better than doing work on them.

How about you build cars and I drive them for you? :D I've got an 13T-GZEU project that might tempt you. :)

Seriously though, the engine's looking really good. Can't wait to see some action shots/video and dyno results.