Car Accidents

WinKE55

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was my pride and joy. I had so many great plans for it. I'm so ashamed for ruining an 82 corolla as well because there aren't that many neat ones around. I'm really depressed about it and my head is killing... :P Already looking for another one of course. It's just everything from the firewall forward that is totalled so I'll be able to salvage a few things but that's not the point, hey? I was so attached to the little thing. Used to get up every morning to stare at it. Ha ha. Good memories. Oh dear, I'm talking too much...

Edited by Queen20v

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit something/someone or something/someone hit you?

Sorry to hear about your 82, brilliant little cars, glad to hear no-one was injured though.

It :P always :) happens :yes: after :bash: you :bash: clean :bash: them :bash:

and/or do a full service :wink:

plus what is it with these 20V's atm there seems to be alot of them involved in accidents all of a sudden :hmm:

and/or do a full service :P

plus what is it with these 20V's atm there seems to be alot of them involved in accidents all of a sudden :)

Mine wasn't running the best but, far out, it still went so hard. I think it's just a coincidence though about the accidents. Dunno. Just miss it. :yes:

If I see a dieing animal, I get upset and sometimes cry =( Gosh even in movies. Cryed 5 times watching World Trade Center >.<!

on flinders island is you hit wildlife (bound to) my sister and her bf always make sure the animals dead, if it isn't stompy stompy,

ke70 wagon roo basher and peacock penetrator ftw

oh, no :yes: ....what happened?! poor car :) is that the one that you'd been working on the new engine for???? I hope you and your passenger are ok (tomorrow when everything really starts to hurt).

Lesley

Yeah. The day after I felt a few things I didn't feel the day that it happened.

Also, How did the accident happen Queen20v?

I have been meaning to put some pictures on here again. A friend started his first day at my work a few weeks ago as a bus driver to deliver customers back home.. and well yeah.. this is how it went out

I was too lazy to take a picture of the front of the car lol.

Story goes he was sitting at the lights, some pick up truck was coming behind him a little fast, the pick up truck smashed into his rear and pushed him forward into another car. So he got a little sandwiched. Lucky there was no passengers and I don't like the chances of something to try and sandwich a Ford Transit van :P Hah

post-4763-1203401573_thumb.jpg

Edited by WinKE55

Well, here you are. Some of you might have seen these. Ouch... They don't quite capture all of the damage to the front end. Will get better shots when I head up to the crash joint.

Owieee. Poor Corolla.

I bet the cops showed up or did you get away quick enough before they rocked up?

And the safety rail were the Skyline had the accident is all repaired now ^_^

Owieee. Poor Corolla.

I bet the cops showed up or did you get away quick enough before they rocked up?

And the safety rail were the Skyline had the accident is all repaired now ^_^

Oh man, there was no getting away at all. The car was in such a mess! I lost all power on first impact. Basically took a corner, car stepped out in a huge way, I over corrected, as you do when you're looking at the guard rail. Hit the rock face/cliff on the left then spun up and round and ended up on the other side of the road with the right hand front quarter wedged under the guard rail. I wasn't driving it anywhere near as hard as it goes and boy did it used to handle so I have no idea why it let go. Suppose I never will. Ah, just real sad. I'm not usually a whinge but I feel fit to cry at the drop of a hat at the moment. Just want my car back. :P

Ouch. Whereabouts in the hills did that happen?

I hope you werent trail braking into a corner as that will cause weight transfer and away she goes. No chance of regaining control in a front wheel drive when that happens and yep, looks like a write-off unfortunately.

If I find anything, I'll let you know :P

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...

My Hilux has had a hard life. My first accident was in it in a paddock. I was learning to drive and used to take it down the back of the property and flog it around. Well while sliding sideways the lead rear wheel hooked a small clump of grass and the ute rocked over onto its side.

My next accident again in the Hilux saw it cop $6,500 damage from hitting a roo. I was coming around a blind corner on a 80KPH road and a 5' roo jumped down an embankment and landed in front of me.

Accident number 3 was a mate flogging it around a backyard with me and another mate in the tray. Yeah I know bloody stupid, I wouldn't ever do it again. Well he hooked a pothole with the back wheel and again put it on it's side, with my mate and I diving and running as quick as we could.

The last accident that I was involved in was a truck with a wide load (a couple of 5,000 galen concrete tanks) side swiped me on a narrow bridge. I was coming around a bad corner (triple apex and vegetation blocks your vision of what's around the corner for most of it) which leads onto a narrow bridge. On the bridge was the truck, no flashing light or wide load signs. By the time I realised I had no where to go and hit the skidz. I was doing about 40KPH when I hit him and he never changed his speed. The first tank on the trailer smashed my side mirror buckling the door and bent the ladder rack which threw the car sideways into the wooden bridge railing.

Attached are photos of when it hit the roo and when the truck hit it. ( sorry 'bout the poor quality of some photos, they are old scanned ones).

The Roo damage

i175725_Roodmg.JPG

The truck damage

i175726_Truckdmg1.JPG

i175727_Truckdmg2.JPG

i175728_Truckdmg3.JPG

i175729_Truckdmg4.JPG