October 12, 200817 yr comment_281088 I was thinking (and it was painful >.< ) I'm planning on putting in central locking and alarm/imob, should I remove the door and boot locks?? Car is getting sprayed next week, would need to lock in my final answer Saturday... Was also thinking about removing the ignition and putting in a start button? What do we think? Yeah shave the locks! i wouldn't put a start button in tho. in my opinion its wanky and should stay on the lambo;s etc. but great work with this car! should boogie a bit with a 5k! Report
October 12, 200817 yr Author comment_281095 I changed my mind on most of this, I have decided to keep as much of her stock as I can. Only mods (apart from engine) will be steering wheel, gauges and radio. Gauges are to be fitted to a plate over the original hole, so I can swap back to stock if I want. She should be great with the 5k, but if I can't get hold of a better diff it could end badly... I have a very heavy foot :wink: Report
October 14, 200817 yr Author comment_281607 I may have found a place that can change (cut and weld) a new diff onto my axle! My gauges are paid for and should be here in 2-3 weeks :P Got to get the interior back so I can get it re-trimmed, and all trim back so I can start polishing. Will look at collecting all this from the paint shop over the weekend. I think she may just make it to Motorvation.... Edited October 14, 200817 yr by Dunadan Report
October 19, 200817 yr Author comment_282603 Got most of the bits at my place now. Managed to drop the complete 3k on my leg when getting it out of the ute. Knee is very sore, luckily the knee bent the wrong way and not the bone... Edited October 19, 200817 yr by Dunadan Report
October 19, 200817 yr comment_282796 HEYY NICE PROJECT YOUVE GOT CUMMING ALONG, just finished my ground up resto on myne its awsome when its done the amount of looks...... its worth it alright keep up the work, how much till shes done Report
October 19, 200817 yr Author comment_282831 Thanks, and great pics!! What year is yours, looks like 67?? What are the first three digits of the vin (after KE10)? Should be done in 1.5-2 months. Polished up the grill last night, came up great. Will get pics tonight, got to rush off to work. Edit: Leg is soooo sore today! Edited October 19, 200817 yr by Dunadan Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283022 Thanks, and great pics!! What year is yours, looks like 67?? What are the first three digits of the vin (after KE10)? Should be done in 1.5-2 months. Polished up the grill last night, came up great. Will get pics tonight, got to rush off to work. Edit: Leg is soooo sore today! yearhhh shes a 68 model Report
October 25, 200817 yr Author comment_284373 Interior all at the trimmers, should be done by Christmas. Red Vinyl as close to original as possible. Body should be all finished by 14th Nov... Just did a tally of what has been spent so far, and cost to finish. Lets just say if I ever sold it would probably be at a loss :lolcry: Edited October 25, 200817 yr by Dunadan Report
October 25, 200817 yr comment_284390 Just did a tally of what has been spent so far, and cost to finish. Lets just say if I ever sold it would probably be at a loss :wink: So long as you get enjoyment out of it, that is all that matters. In general, modifying cars is a cost rather than an investment. Any money you put in should be seen as dead money. But for the results and enjoyment, it is well worth the time and money! :lolcry: Not far now, keep at it ! Edited October 25, 200817 yr by Rad Rolla Report
October 25, 200817 yr Author comment_284400 Thanks Rad Rolla, yep "dead money" :lolcry: Anyone able to get pics of original 1967 KE10 interior?? Plenty of 68 & on pics available, don't need more of them. I'm resonably sure there were big changes between 67 & 68 (stitching patters on seats). Report
October 30, 200817 yr Author comment_285968 Did the first coat of paint on the block and sump. Despite everything I have been told I still went too thick on the sump and got runs :) Will have to fix up the sump after the block is finnished. Edited October 30, 200817 yr by Dunadan Report
October 31, 200817 yr Author comment_286129 Got a quote for a diff setup... $2500-$2800...... :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now