Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

I was thinking (and it was painful >.< ) I'm planning on putting in central locking and alarm/imob, should I remove the door and boot locks??

 

Car is getting sprayed next week, would need to lock in my final answer Saturday...

 

Was also thinking about removing the ignition and putting in a start button?

 

What do we think?

 

 

Yeah shave the locks!

i wouldn't put a start button in tho.

in my opinion its wanky and should stay on the lambo;s etc.

but great work with this car!

should boogie a bit with a 5k!

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

I changed my mind on most of this, I have decided to keep as much of her stock as I can. Only mods (apart from engine) will be steering wheel, gauges and radio. Gauges are to be fitted to a plate over the original hole, so I can swap back to stock if I want.

 

She should be great with the 5k, but if I can't get hold of a better diff it could end badly...

 

I have a very heavy foot :wink:

  • Author

I may have found a place that can change (cut and weld) a new diff onto my axle!

 

My gauges are paid for and should be here in 2-3 weeks :P

 

Got to get the interior back so I can get it re-trimmed, and all trim back so I can start polishing.

Will look at collecting all this from the paint shop over the weekend.

 

I think she may just make it to Motorvation....

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

Got most of the bits at my place now.

 

Managed to drop the complete 3k on my leg when getting it out of the ute. Knee is very sore, luckily the knee bent the wrong way and not the bone...

Edited by Dunadan

HEYY NICE PROJECT YOUVE GOT CUMMING ALONG, just finished my ground up resto on myne its awsome when its done the amount of looks...... its worth it alright keep up the work, how much till shes done

post-5685-1224420938_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Thanks, and great pics!! What year is yours, looks like 67?? What are the first three digits of the vin (after KE10)?

 

Should be done in 1.5-2 months. Polished up the grill last night, came up great. Will get pics tonight, got to rush off to work.

 

Edit: Leg is soooo sore today!

Edited by Dunadan

Thanks, and great pics!! What year is yours, looks like 67?? What are the first three digits of the vin (after KE10)?

 

Should be done in 1.5-2 months. Polished up the grill last night, came up great. Will get pics tonight, got to rush off to work.

 

Edit: Leg is soooo sore today!

 

yearhhh shes a 68 model

This is one overrated looking car... Good work mate

  • Author

Interior all at the trimmers, should be done by Christmas. Red Vinyl as close to original as possible.

Body should be all finished by 14th Nov...

 

 

Just did a tally of what has been spent so far, and cost to finish. Lets just say if I ever sold it would probably be at a loss :lolcry:

Edited by Dunadan

Just did a tally of what has been spent so far, and cost to finish. Lets just say if I ever sold it would probably be at a loss :wink:

 

So long as you get enjoyment out of it, that is all that matters.

 

In general, modifying cars is a cost rather than an investment. Any money you put in should be

seen as dead money. But for the results and enjoyment, it is well worth the time and money! :lolcry:

 

Not far now, keep at it !

Edited by Rad Rolla

  • Author

Thanks Rad Rolla, yep "dead money" :lolcry:

 

Anyone able to get pics of original 1967 KE10 interior?? Plenty of 68 & on pics available, don't need more of them.

I'm resonably sure there were big changes between 67 & 68 (stitching patters on seats).

  • Author

Did the first coat of paint on the block and sump. Despite everything I have been told I still went too thick on the sump and got runs :)

PA260002.jpg

PA280005.jpg

PA280006.jpg

PA280007.jpg

 

Will have to fix up the sump after the block is finnished.

Edited by Dunadan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.