67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Cheers mate. It's been a hard slog!

I kind of got to a point where I'd gone over the top with a few things (paint and a few N.O.S. parts) so it forced me to try and match that level for the rest of the car.

I often wished I'd just stuck with a quick tidy up, especially with how hard it's been finding all the little parts that are year specific (some parts took 5+ years of searching to find) but now that the end is in sight I'm loving her!

One good thing is because of how much time and money I've spent on her, it's easy to laugh off any offer thrown at me for her ;)

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Sweet! Feels good to be driving one's own handiwork. Congratulations and have a cigar for your new old baby!

The rest of my car gets kind of scary, but I can still push my lil 3K up to 100mph for minute...but it does love 65, just a hair below opening the two barrel. I can go back and forth to work all week on $20 or less.

How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again.

It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense against the gremlins when sitting still.

Do you know the legend of the road gremlins? They are the gremlins who jump on your car or bike and chew on cables, hoses, wiring, loosen bolts and whatnot. You are supposed to hang a tiny bell (Gremlin Bell) under your car or bike. The gremlins can't stand the sound of the bell and when they stick their fingers in their ears, they can't hold on ...thus falling off and doing no more damage.

The tricky part is...you can't buy your own bell...it has to be given to you by someone who loves you, family, friend etc....and you can't ask for it either.

Of course they cannot protect against manufacturing and engineering defects...my 2008 Yamaha V-Star will attest to that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the car had her final once over and buff at the panel shop yesterday and is all done bar a couple small dash details...

But the exciting news,

My new navigator has arrived!!

1507760_10204359622166620_7877327203861548789_n.jpg?oh=0143bcd4d57aa465d04ae66c178d0739&oe=54AD09C7&__gda__=1424564482_67201ad5e10ef296747546f53d12a39a

Levi Gary Cornell - 3280grams - 48cm long

Now he just needs to learn to hold his head up and read pace notes... and probably some other skills I'm forgetting.

Congratulations!

You'll need some really tall wood blocks on the pedals so he can start driving right away. Always teach em to drive a stick first.

Although sometimes plans don't work out...I've been driving something or riding since my first pedal car...I started my daughter driving a boat around a lake when she was 4 to get used to steering, went on to go-carts and stuff...when she could reach the pedals, taught her to drive a stick....at 22, she tells me she really doesn't like to drive. Doh!

• 5 months later...

Well done Ken :thumbsup: the little Rolla looks great ! shame you are so far away as would like to have a good look at it . Good luck and have a great day with it on its first day out ! which I can only imagine will only be the first of many after being of the road for sooooo long :P , as you may have read in Thomas thread I am about to start version 3-4 or is it 5 ? lost count on Thomas little Rolla ( BLOODY PROJECT CARS NEVER FINISHED :lolcry: ) we will keep you all up to date when have progress in the mean time enjoy your little Rolla and once again well done with a great restoration of a beautiful example of a great little Rolla :2thumbs: Happy driving from Thomas and Stuart. Cheers:- Stuart :wave: