Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Spent the whole day cleaning. All shiny and stickered up, ready for the big day!

20150418_162242_zps3gttnrmr.jpg

20150418_162641_zpsuhhjtzn0.jpg

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

Awesome rig man. Great attention to detail. My friend will be taking my ke17 tomorrow as I'm away with work. Wish it was as tidy as yours haha.

  • Author

Thanks, just don't look too close :P

 

Many many things not finished but overall I'm happy with how she sits.

You should be proud dude, its a pearler! I wonder if I would fit in a ke10 better than the 17. I honestly prefer the shape in the 10/11s. Anywho enjoy the day tomorrow, I look forward to seeing pictures

  • Author

10631058_10204008549799538_5191258205962167476_o_zpsxcdldc1q.jpg

 

Had a great first show on Sunday... except I got badly sunburned. Note to self: bring shade and a deck chair next time!

 

So the stock K water pump and fan and the KE10 Radiator don't seem to be up to the job of keeping her cool. I'll add a thermo fan, bigger rad if that doesn't fix it!

Had a fuel leak in the boot so I'll need to take the tank out, clean all that up and re-install (more carefully this time).

 

Over all it was a blast. So good seeing people flock to her all day :D

Superb! Car shows are fun arent they, its amazing the crowds a little nanna car will attract especially when they look like yours ken, GREAT JOB :2thumbs:

  • Author

Cheers.

I received the column switch yesterday, unfortunately it looks like the difference is in the wheel itself :(

 

From the scoring on your switch, the wheel went over the switch a little (~5-10mm). the 1968 KE15 wheel I'm using cannot do this.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Updates...

One of the hinge bolts on the drives seat snapped. Inspected all 4 bolts (both seats) and found the thread was gone on all of them.

So I've got replacement bolts on the way, no driving until they arrive :(

Also the thread in the captive nuts is quite bad so I'll have to get these cleaned up.

 

My 60/70's Asco/Toyota Walnut shifter knob has found a new home. It's for a manual and would have required me cutting things I shouldn't cut to make it fit the auto, so I've given it to my uncle who has a couple manual FJ47's :)

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

So we have a night time cruise coming up on Saturday.

I currently have no lights as I'm running a 68 steering wheel without a column switch as my 67 wheel was lost.

Today I'm hacking up a spare 68 wheel to make it fit with the column switch... grinding about 10mm out of the back.

 

I'm also wiring up the 10" thermo fan I fitted over the weekend. I'm going to wire it to a switch on the dash (I have a spare hole) for manual operation.

Most of the time she struggles to get up to temp so I only need to turn the fan on if I get stuck at lights on a stinking hot day.

 

Lets hope I can get everything working. This will be her first car cruise!

  • Author

I've managed to hack the wheel up and make it fit. Head lights are working but the indicators are playing up.

I've almost finished wiring up the thermo fan, just need to connect the ignition wire.

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

So... I haven't been keeping this updated, apologies.

Just looking at where I left off and so many things have happened.

She now has a fully functioning 67 column switch and steering wheel (all in perfect stock condition).

About 6 months ago I took her back off the road with engine problems. It turns out she had done the rings on one cylinder.

I picked up a cheap 4k and proceeded to spend $1k getting it in and "running"... only to find out it was a dud.
Note to self, always start with a compression test!

I then decided to bite the bullet and send the 5k off for a full rebuild, not a cheap process.

While she was getting rebuilt I had everything painted back to stock 67 colours (block, sump and fittings).

We ended up fitting the engine the day before the Mighty Car Mods Perth meet... and she made it to the meet!  

She's now getting me to work and back every day. Not without issues (lumpy cam and Toyoglide... fun times) but she's going ok.

I took her out to Toyota WA's show and shine on the weekend... and managed to take best in show!!

It's not a journey that ever ends but it's getting there :)

 

21370880_10155287759834300_8559667707809703979_n.jpg

21616134_10155287759639300_1397901364058758220_n.jpg

67Rolla Sept17.jpg

21740113_10210313451418138_3703225939330552096_n.jpg

21751270_10210313450458114_2182843438995505692_n.jpg

21740656_10210313449698095_8637901077802227955_n.jpg

21730964_10210313448818073_5952663356222432881_n.jpg

21557996_10155287759919300_4425295268488156111_n.jpg

21463274_10155287759779300_4546384803776848784_n.jpg

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Mate this car blows my tiny little mind and makes me 100% regret selling my white '67. Congrats on the trophy and props for all the hard work and dedication. I love that you've painted the engine all to look factory too. Also.... just a tip..... don't break one of the wing mirrors off your Ebbro model and sell it cheap on eBay thinking it will be easy to get a replacement one. It took me a long time and far too much money to replace mine after it mysteriously lost a mirror.

Ahhhh damn! Sorry to bring that whole terrible memory back for you. I feel like I need to lock my replacement one in some sort of vault to ensure it doesn't happen to me again. My extreme ocd was unable to live with it broken off on the last one.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.