Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Cheers mate. It's been a hard slog!

 

I kind of got to a point where I'd gone over the top with a few things (paint and a few N.O.S. parts) so it forced me to try and match that level for the rest of the car.

I often wished I'd just stuck with a quick tidy up, especially with how hard it's been finding all the little parts that are year specific (some parts took 5+ years of searching to find) but now that the end is in sight I'm loving her!

 

One good thing is because of how much time and money I've spent on her, it's easy to laugh off any offer thrown at me for her ;)

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

10339571_10152663483784300_2540747177099383241_n.jpg?oh=32978d8d8b60bbdb5c45066b57c15a92&oe=54B3E01B&__gda__=1425217614_e8dbf3937728acab44dfb1a8b9ea9a45

 

Lots of little things to finish off, but it's great to be driving her again!

She's also happy cruising at 65mph, she used to struggle at 50mph with the 3k.

Sweet! Feels good to be driving one's own handiwork. Congratulations and have a cigar for your new old baby!

 

The rest of my car gets kind of scary, but I can still push my lil 3K up to 100mph for minute...but it does love 65, just a hair below opening the two barrel. I can go back and forth to work all week on $20 or less.

  • Author

Cheers.

She's not properly tuned yet so she did go through a fair bit of fuel. Meh, I'm fine with that, she's no daily driver.

 

I should have a new new baby arriving next week (of the human kind)! I'll save the cigar for then ;)

How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again.

It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense against the gremlins when sitting still.

Do you know the legend of the road gremlins? They are the gremlins who jump on your car or bike and chew on cables, hoses, wiring, loosen bolts and whatnot. You are supposed to hang a tiny bell (Gremlin Bell) under your car or bike. The gremlins can't stand the sound of the bell and when they stick their fingers in their ears, they can't hold on ...thus falling off and doing no more damage.

The tricky part is...you can't buy your own bell...it has to be given to you by someone who loves you, family, friend etc....and you can't ask for it either.

 

Of course they cannot protect against manufacturing and engineering defects...my 2008 Yamaha V-Star will attest to that.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So the car had her final once over and buff at the panel shop yesterday and is all done bar a couple small dash details...

 

But the exciting news,

 

My new navigator has arrived!!

1507760_10204359622166620_7877327203861548789_n.jpg?oh=0143bcd4d57aa465d04ae66c178d0739&oe=54AD09C7&__gda__=1424564482_67201ad5e10ef296747546f53d12a39a

 

Levi Gary Cornell - 3280grams - 48cm long

Now he just needs to learn to hold his head up and read pace notes... and probably some other skills I'm forgetting.

Congratulations!

You'll need some really tall wood blocks on the pedals so he can start driving right away. Always teach em to drive a stick first.

Although sometimes plans don't work out...I've been driving something or riding since my first pedal car...I started my daughter driving a boat around a lake when she was 4 to get used to steering, went on to go-carts and stuff...when she could reach the pedals, taught her to drive a stick....at 22, she tells me she really doesn't like to drive. Doh!

Congrats on the new arrival

 

Lol @ navigator, haha

  • Author

Thanks guys. I'll be really upset if he decides he doesn't like cars when he gets older.

  • 5 months later...

I'll hook up the pontoons and start rowing....first part will be easy, all downstream, Arkansas to the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico...probably should bring sails...

Well done Ken :thumbsup: the little Rolla looks great ! shame you are so far away as would like to have a good look at it . Good luck and have a great day with it on its first day out ! which I can only imagine will only be the first of many after being of the road for sooooo long :P , as you may have read in Thomas thread I am about to start version 3-4 or is it 5 ? lost count on Thomas little Rolla ( BLOODY PROJECT CARS NEVER FINISHED :lolcry: ) we will keep you all up to date when have progress in the mean time enjoy your little Rolla and once again well done with a great restoration of a beautiful example of a great little Rolla :2thumbs: Happy driving from Thomas and Stuart. Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

  • Author

Levi was helping me work on the Rolla tonight.

IMAG8920_zpsswuqjkud.jpg

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.