Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

Car is lookin' fantastic and I'm way jealous...

Just a thought on spraying clear on a engine...it will usually yellow or crack be hard to clean later...don't coat the aluminum..polish it.

gallery_3326_714_13732.jpg

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

Thanks Tom's dad, looks like she'll be finished early next year (but probably never stop tinkering). I keep redoing things to get them perfect :P

Thanks Mark, I've changed my mind a few times. Now going to take the engine and box out once she's finished and repaint the block back to original hammer-tone green, polish the rocker cover and carbies, powder coat the front fan and air filter housing and get everything perfect. Probably touch up or redo the engine bay while it's out.

 

Soon!!

:D

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

No worry's Ken ! I recon this is defiantly going to be the tidiest 67ROLLA around :thumbsup: with out a doubt so as i said earlier keep the great work up and keep us all posted with pics as we all like PICS :yes: .

 

Cheers:- Stuart ( Thomas dad ) :wave:

  • Author

Thanks Stuart.

 

lol, I really should have changed the name a couple years back. Now it's kind of true... I hope.

 

Well I just made it home from my travels (about 2am this morning), so it's off to the panel shop tomorrow to see how the boot lid is coming along. Given how well they straightened the bonnet for our RA60 Celica after it's crash I'm sure it will be perfect. As it's being done by the boss man after hours as a cash job it may not be ready yet.

 

I'm going to try and figure out how to measure what length throttle cable I need today. After days of flying (Vienna to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Perth) and with the temp in my garage likely to be over 45Deg, I'll be happy to just check that off the list.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

So, kind of a big day today:

 

I can now turn the key and she starts and runs!

:wootjump:

Just found this build and read it start to end. What a rollercoaster ride of mind-changes! :P

Glad you didn't go with the bling theme. Not a fan of the diamantis on the wheel.

Can't wait to see her finished and on the road. Gonna be a clean machine! :thumbsup:

  • Author

Thanks Simon, I'd like to think I've grown up a little over the 7 years I've been working on this car... not much but a little.

 

Very glad I decided to go all original but damn it's been a hard slog to find all the original parts in good condition.

 

Plan is to finish fitting the brakes this week then trailer her over to the panel shop (I'll speak to them this week and see when they can fit her in).

Then last trip by trailer over to the exhaust shop. Once she has an exhaust she's driving!

Lots of little things to do but much easier to do them with her driving!

 

A lot of RC people have helped me to get this far,thanks Gauthier for convincing me to just get the blood thing back on the road and worry about the rest later... I was stuck trying to get every detail perfect and getting no where.

Sweet!...(I never trailered mine to the exhaust shop..just risked it and blew thru town open header..lol, way too loud) I 'm hoping to get my frankenmission together this week...making one good transmission out of two...and see if it works.

  • Author

I've had a similar trip home in an 85 Colt after the exhaust fell off, for a car with no power it sounded insane :lol:

Ditto with my KE70 when the rusted exhaust parted ways with the exhaust manifold.

 

Oh, bloody awesome work by the by! So stoked to see her up & running. :)

  • Author

Thanks guys. I really hope it sounds just as lumpy when it's all tuned and has an exhaust.

  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.