Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking :P

 

Remembered more things for the list...

 

To do list (will always be more):

Get throttle linkage bracket made

Fit fuel lines & tank

Reassemble the heater box, make a replacement for the rod that broke and replace all hoses

Somehow replace or repair the damaged demister vents (the cardboard bit under the dash)

Swap all senders back to factory (not fitting digital gauges any more)

Make parcel shelf again

Fit dash, radio, and speakers (just parcel shelf speakers, not refitting the 1 front speaker because it looked terrible)

Get car re-wired (as per factory but in black conduit)

Tune the car (Need Garnett for this :D )

Replace door hinge pins

Get all chrome replated (other than NOS parts and bumpers that are already perfect)

Back to panel and paint to get everything perfect (badges and aerial refitted)

Fit all the lovely new lights and chrome trim

Get dashpad remade and fitted

Make a new heat shield board for the inside of the firewall

Get sunvisors retrimmed (forgot them :P )

install interior

Get new seatbelts

Fit windows

Order in 12" BF Goodrich Silvertown 4 ply whitewall tyres (I have the original wheels, hubcaps and dress-rings)

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

So I've dug the old girl out of the shed and have made some major progress over the past month.

 

She is now fully wired up. All new to original spec (wrapped in pvc tape, running in the original clips).

Only difference is she now has a stereo and rear speakers. The rear speakers will be hidden under a second parcel shelf made of speaker cloth, the deck is mounted under the dash and will be removed (bracket and all) when on show.

 

I just dropped her off at Perth Smash Repair, they are finishing off the paint and fixing all the little blemishes cased after 5 years in the shed. They will also get their window guy to fit all the rubbers and windows properly (I'd done a crap job trying to remake the rear quarter window rubbers). To reduce the cost a little they will be keeping her for the next month or 2 and working on her between jobs.

 

So this should mean I have her back on the road and gleaming by November!

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

She finally has her windscreens fitted! Getting close :D

gallery_4749_89_1149953.jpg

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

great build mate, definately getting close. bet you can't wait for the first drive!

  • Author

Thanks, hanging out to drive her so bad! Can't even imagine what she's going to be like, everything has been changed.

 

Oh, and I fixed those pics :P

glass goin back in means your nearly there mate, love it beautifull little car!!!

  • Author

Cheers guys. She looks a bit naked without the bumper and the grill badge :P

 

I scared to fit the bumper because I know I'll ʞ©$ɟ it if I don't get the brackets perfect before I do the bolts up...

 

Going to send all the rear quarter window fittings (and I'm sure a few other bits and pieces) off to be repaired and rechromed.

 

Ordered a new washer bottle setup and a pair of 3" peep mirrors.

 

She's not turning over since panel & paint so I'll try and sort that out this weekend

Fit the fuel lines and put oil in the gearbox, try and get her running!

Looking so good even without the front bumper, just pop the grille badge on & done I think. :)

  • Author

Well I got nothing done on her this weekend, did jobs around the house instead... stupid verge pickup :(

 

I'll clean up an fit the chrome strips through the week, won't get any daylight with her to get a look at the wiring.

  • Author

Fitted the chrome strip on the bonnet and the grill badge. Headlight surrounds are still just sitting in there, have new ones to put in.

 

gallery_4749_89_22369.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got her running yesterday for the first time in 5+ years. She sounds angry!

 

Started on the disk breaks, just waiting on the bearings (not stocked by any of the local auto stores). Will get them on next weekend.

 

I'll fit the new headlight surrounds tonight and try and fit the shifter & surround.

I've changed the twin carbies over for the second set of twins, they looked tidier and the linkages were perfect. They ran better straight away... unopened (I had kitted/rejetted the other twins).

I will need to get a new throttle cable because the new twins require the ball on the end not the current stock KE10 setup.

  • 1 month later...

Hi there Ken just been looking over your thread again and your little ROLLA is looking real sweet and is going to make next years COTY a bloody hard choice with so many neat rides being built but we have a soft spot for the KE10s-11s so that will make our choice a lot easier and i think your little Rolla is the perfect example of the perfect restoration . How long before its all finished and on the road ? shame you live so far away as we would like to see it in the metal as it looks so good in the pic we can only imagine how much better it looks for real ! keep the great work up and thank you for voting for Thomas little Rolla if he makes the short list.

 

Cheers: Stuart ( Thomas dad ) :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.