Vn V6 And Emo-tecs

Palmy

Members dont see this ad
i canned the idea of doing an engine conversion a while ago due to lack of funds etc. but i am now just wondering why VN V6's are a popular option? why not an ecotec? is it cause of cost? size? electrics?

can't go wrong with the old buick motors.. i dunno why not.. i have had 2 VS commodores one with the emo-tec and other with the buick .. to me the buick seemed as if it had a bit more torque and easier to get sideways LOL as all commonwhore drivers do when you get behind the wheel of one cause its probably going to be the most excitment you will fell behind the wheel of one cause they are a sack of shit to drive.. also drove a mates e30 bmw with a buick in it.. went incredibly good and wheel spun constantly without effort..

an e30 with a buick. ..wtf!? seems plain wrong to me with the huge selection of good bimmer motors available.

Ditto.

The V6's are cheap torque, Cheap parts, but are a heavy engine, Cast block and heads, Lots of problems some cheap to fix others expensive.

an e30 with a buick. ..wtf!? seems plain wrong to me with the huge selection of good bimmer motors available.

yeah true i have an e30 with a m42 (318is ) and it reasonably quick but problem with bmws is selling the things again seems to be no market at the moment.. i have to end up parting mine out to get some of the money spent on it back..

if i didnt put the m42 in i probably would have even gone the buick myself with a manual tranny.. e30s with holden motors go sick... ill have to go see if i can find some of the pics of it :(

can't go wrong with the old buick motors.. i dunno why not.. i have had 2 VS commodores one with the emo-tec and other with the buick .. to me the buick seemed as if it had a bit more torque and easier to get sideways LOL as all commonwhore drivers do when you get behind the wheel of one cause its probably going to be the most excitment you will fell behind the wheel of one cause they are a sack of shit to drive.. also drove a mates e30 bmw with a buick in it.. went incredibly good and wheel spun constantly without effort..

The ecotec was a buick motor aswell, It was just holdens own advancement which made it crap.

cost was definately what got me doing it. I bought the whole VP for $150. and ye the power is pretty good, car handles pretty good. so ye if ya want bang for buck id say its the way to go. ecotech's are just too expensive and ive heard they don't handle boost as well if boost was an option in the future.

Both those Holden motors are good...rarely have any mechanical problems if there looked after properly..there not designed for high perfomance but reliablity and theyve done a pretty good job...

And not thrashed.

Harmonic balancers go.

Head gaskets leak on 3 and 4 with high km engines.

Engine mounts go coz they vibrate alot.

Weak auto factory, Strong when built up.

They have good points too

Programmable ECU.

Short motor so can fit in small cars.

Loads of parts around and cheap.

Copper head gaskets + supercharger at 10psi + LSD = skids through 1st 2nd 3rd and thats with the 3.08 diff ratio.

Copper head gaskets + supercharger at 10psi + LSD = skids through 1st 2nd 3rd and thats with the 3.08 diff ratio.

hmmm this sounds good to me, wont happen 4 a lil while tho as i only have a part time apprenticeship and still in yr 12, so i have very limited funds unfortunately.

haha. VN 3800's arent too bad i guess, dad's got a series 2 vn and that doesnt go to bad for a commonwhore, and he wants to put a motor like his into my ke38, haha, NO. Besides the tappet rattle and the occasional harmonic balancer konking out and making the car feel like it wants to die then their cheap and decent for what they are, a buick.

Go for a 250 X-flow instead, slight more torque, alloy parts are easy to come by and easier to work on.