Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

Featured Replies

Second photo, third car back is a yellow KE30 sports sedan. Pretty quick car that one!

The car owner is a rollaclub member.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 293.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Progress..

 

Thought I should check to see if 15x7's would fit. They do...

 

img1254t.jpg

 

These Rewinds are destined for the Celica... I want another set for the race car!

 

Pulled the front struts apart last night. Standard! No wonder there was so much body roll. The springs were different lengths too - awesome! Going to get them rated later in the week so I know where they are at.

 

I remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.

 

Just need my coil over bits to arrive and we can get on with it :y:

 

Oh and need to find some second hand 15 inch Yokie A048's.

 

So much for that money I got back selling the KE15!!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I have some wheels to cover the brake upgrade. Come with two reasonable Yokohama A048's and two knackered ones!

 

Was hoping to get a photo of them on the rear of the car, but ran out of time this weekend.

 

Here is what I got

 

img1382x.jpg

 

img1383y.jpg

 

Imageshack seems to be playing up so in case you can't see them - they are 15x7 superlites.

Edited by silverra23

Awesome stuff :bash: Love the rims! can't believe you've been racing on stock brakes! And to think, here I am complaining about my 4 spot 11.8" rotor setup...

  • Author

Stock rotors with the rear caliper off a commodore adding a little more bite...

 

Whats worse is it was running stock struts too... no decent inserts, just the original Toyota oil filled shock.

 

No wonder it looked all at sea!

awesome ride man, dig the whole race scene, love the engine

can't wait to see it finished. :bash:

YOUR QUOTE [i remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.]

Hi mate, love the car. I was wondering if you could tell me where you are getting your struts done. I am running Koni sport but the left one has a major soft on. Hope to see you at our hillclimb track some day. Cheers Paul. :bash:

Edited by ausca62

  • Author
I remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.

Hi mate, love the car. I was wondering if you could tell me where you are getting your struts done. I am running Koni sport but the left one has a major soft on. Hope to see you at our hillclimb track some day. Cheers Paul. :bash:

 

I like the pic of your KE20 too :y: Have you got a thread on it?

 

Toperformance in Vermont is doing them for me. I might have got a good price because of where I work so best to ring them and have a chat - they know their Koni's inside out.

 

Where is your hillclimb track? Haunted Hills? Ararat? Some where else?

I like the pic of your KE20 too :bash: Have you got a thread on it?

 

Toperformance in Vermont is doing them for me. I might have got a good price because of where I work so best to ring them and have a chat - they know their Koni's inside out.

 

Where is your hillclimb track? Haunted Hills? Ararat? Some where else?

Thanks for getting back so quick. I will give them a ring and get a price. Our club, Gippsland Car Club, track is Haunted hills. Its an awsum track. Classic Skylines Australia had a track hire day last Saturday and we had the Dutton rally on Sunday. This Sunday we have a multi club hillclimb on, so if your not doing anything, come up and have a look. Thanks again, Paul.

post-5916-1243848865.jpg

Edited by ausca62

  • Author

Won't be able to make it this weekend, but definitely coming down to do one or two hillclimbs down there this year. I hear its an awesome track.

 

Next event for me is hopefully June 21 at Rob Roy Hillclimb

  • Author

Test fitted a wheel to the rear. It fits! Was worried it mightn't with the offset of 12P (whatever that means!)

 

Need to get proper wheel nuts for them.

 

img1386edited.jpg

 

img1387.jpg

 

img1388.jpg

......and the front??

 

 

12P would be +12 (assuming P = positive)

 

they certainly don't look to have that low an offset. how sunkern are the centers compared to the rim? do they stick in a bit?

  • Author

Reckon they are postive 12 - the centre is closer the the outer edge than inner if that makes sense?

 

Fronts still need coil overs put together.

 

Which are waiting for the inserts to be rebuilt.

  • Author

Strut inserts are back. Will have a play on the long weekend so that I can work out where the coil over sleeve needs to be welded on to the strut.

 

Rebuild of the shocks ended up beign $250, most of which was labour, as they spent some time revalving them to suit my racing application with the 6kg front springs.

will they be able to be adjusted if you choose to go to some softer/harder springs?

 

ie. has the revalving been done so that with the 6kg springs, the adjustability of the shocks is in the middle (not softer or harder)?

 

(i hope that made sense reading it)

 

dF

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.