Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

silverra23

I have been on the acquisition trail again. Really wanted Konig Rewinds for it but couldn't find any at the time I needed them.. then they appeared for sale a few weeks later. Couldn't resist, so here they are!

What do you reckon? They will look better with the bigger tyres on them I think.. gives better clearance on the strut and I lurve the dish!

31072009164.jpg

31072009163.jpg

31072009165.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on the acquisition trail again. Really wanted Konig Rewinds for it but couldn't find any at the time I needed them.. then they appeared for sale a few weeks later. Couldn't resist, so here they are!

What do you reckon? They will look better with the bigger tyres on them I think.. gives better clearance on the strut and I lurve the dish!

31072009164.jpg

31072009163.jpg

31072009165.jpg

looks awesome

whats the size and offset on the rewinds?

I have the RT132 strut with the Sumitomo twin piston caliper, Peugeot vented disc and Ferodo DS3000 pads, and an upgraded master cylinder.

I ran this package at Sandown two weekends ago, where there is a heavy brake application at the end of the main straight, and also at the end of the back section of the circuit.

Stopped very well, much better than it did previously and much more consistently with no fade. It had a tendency to lock a front tyre, which I think is a combination of perhaps too much master cylinder, old tyres and a corner weight imbalance of approximately 90kg across the front of the car. I am running at Phillip Island on August 16th, where the corner weight issue will have been addressed a little and then I will be able to better use the brakes.

As it was if I stood too hard on the brake pedal I would torch a tyre, so I don't think I am using it to its full potential. So in this case its almost over braked. But with some fine tuning I think I will be able to use more of it. Worthwhile upgrade for our cars, but I would maybe not do the master cylinder, unless you were going crazy and putting the Hilux 4 piston caliper on it.

Edited by silverra23

Thanks for the info, sorry to continue to ask but why the upgrade to the Peugeot disc? Is it vented as opposed to the RT132 one being solid or something.

I am interested in this combination for mine just to do the odd practice day, nothing too serious but it does seem cheaper than some of the other upgrades around

Yes the Peugeot disc is a vented disc - better for heat disappation and give s a more consistent pedal over a number of laps.

The standard one is solid and I would think more than adequate for most fast road applications.

As for cheapness - well by the time I put Koni's in it and had them rebuilt, bought the Ferodo pads, had the coil over kit purchased and welded on, upgraded the wheels and tyres etc etc, I think I spent $1750.

You can do it for less with cheaper shocks, no coil-overs, cheaper pads etc.

Yes the Peugeot disc is a vented disc - better for heat disappation and give s a more consistent pedal over a number of laps.

The standard one is solid and I would think more than adequate for most fast road applications.

As for cheapness - well by the time I put Koni's in it and had them rebuilt, bought the Ferodo pads, had the coil over kit purchased and welded on, upgraded the wheels and tyres etc etc, I think I spent $1750.

You can do it for less with cheaper shocks, no coil-overs, cheaper pads etc.

Thanks again for more info.

By cheap I am thinking it would be cheaper than say me finding AE86 struts, and doing the FC brake upgrade.

T130 parts are also easier to find and don't have Takumi Tax.

Thanks for your willingness to share your ideas, I just subscribed to this thread :D

No dramas at all. These sites are all about sharing information and asking questions I reckon. Thats how I got all the information to put the package together in the first place!

Other suggestion is keep an eye on the forums (here, toymods and ae86DC) and try and buy the bits already done. Thats how I saved some money with the brake package.

Thanks again for more info.

By cheap I am thinking it would be cheaper than say me finding AE86 struts, and doing the FC brake upgrade.

T130 parts are also easier to find and don't have Takumi Tax.

Thanks for your willingness to share your ideas, I just subscribed to this thread :D

XT130 twin pots can't be compared to FC 4 pots :lol: its really another complete step up.

I have some 4 pots in the front of my RX4, as well as very decent sized rear discs (actually the front calipers from an old subaru which had hand brake on the front) and after going for a half decent cruise last week I am in love "wo" as much as "go" now. :lol: Now looking at Brembos for "tar" :lol:

Missus - "Look babe, I understand you like your new brakes,.......but can you please settle down a little bit"!? :D

Car is ready to roll for the PIARC Sprint this Sunday at Phillip Island .

Replaced cactus alternator - took it to an Auto Electrician and everything under the sun was fixed on it - including adding gold plating - $400... ouch!

Battery is fully charged now, so hopefully no more electrical dramas :P

I put it back on the scales last Sunday and the corner weights are better now, if the driver loses a bit of weight they would be even better :rolls:

Still got the same old tyres on it, will look at replacing them for the Winton 6 Hour I think.

Adjustable spring platforms on the front struts. More preload or less preload helps balance it out. Ideally there needs to be adjustment at the rear too, but no dice with a leaf spring rear end.

I used corner weight scales designed for the job - used them at work.