Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress..

Thought I should check to see if 15x7's would fit. They do...

img1254t.jpg

These Rewinds are destined for the Celica... I want another set for the race car!

Pulled the front struts apart last night. Standard! No wonder there was so much body roll. The springs were different lengths too - awesome! Going to get them rated later in the week so I know where they are at.

I remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.

Just need my coil over bits to arrive and we can get on with it :y:

Oh and need to find some second hand 15 inch Yokie A048's.

So much for that money I got back selling the KE15!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have some wheels to cover the brake upgrade. Come with two reasonable Yokohama A048's and two knackered ones!

Was hoping to get a photo of them on the rear of the car, but ran out of time this weekend.

Here is what I got

img1382x.jpg

img1383y.jpg

Imageshack seems to be playing up so in case you can't see them - they are 15x7 superlites.

Edited by silverra23

Stock rotors with the rear caliper off a commodore adding a little more bite...

Whats worse is it was running stock struts too... no decent inserts, just the original Toyota oil filled shock.

No wonder it looked all at sea!

YOUR QUOTE [i remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.]

Hi mate, love the car. I was wondering if you could tell me where you are getting your struts done. I am running Koni sport but the left one has a major soft on. Hope to see you at our hillclimb track some day. Cheers Paul. :bash:

Edited by ausca62

I remembered I had a pair of Koni's in the garage for the Celica, so they are now destined for the race car. Will get them rebuilt first - cost will be some where between $130 and $150.

Hi mate, love the car. I was wondering if you could tell me where you are getting your struts done. I am running Koni sport but the left one has a major soft on. Hope to see you at our hillclimb track some day. Cheers Paul. :bash:

I like the pic of your KE20 too :y: Have you got a thread on it?

Toperformance in Vermont is doing them for me. I might have got a good price because of where I work so best to ring them and have a chat - they know their Koni's inside out.

Where is your hillclimb track? Haunted Hills? Ararat? Some where else?

I like the pic of your KE20 too :bash: Have you got a thread on it?

Toperformance in Vermont is doing them for me. I might have got a good price because of where I work so best to ring them and have a chat - they know their Koni's inside out.

Where is your hillclimb track? Haunted Hills? Ararat? Some where else?

Thanks for getting back so quick. I will give them a ring and get a price. Our club, Gippsland Car Club, track is Haunted hills. Its an awsum track. Classic Skylines Australia had a track hire day last Saturday and we had the Dutton rally on Sunday. This Sunday we have a multi club hillclimb on, so if your not doing anything, come up and have a look. Thanks again, Paul.

post-5916-1243848865.jpg

Edited by ausca62

Strut inserts are back. Will have a play on the long weekend so that I can work out where the coil over sleeve needs to be welded on to the strut.

Rebuild of the shocks ended up beign $250, most of which was labour, as they spent some time revalving them to suit my racing application with the 6kg front springs.

will they be able to be adjusted if you choose to go to some softer/harder springs?

ie. has the revalving been done so that with the 6kg springs, the adjustability of the shocks is in the middle (not softer or harder)?

(i hope that made sense reading it)

dF