Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Featured Replies

Are you going to keep the origional dash?

 

Or going to fit a ae92? :(

 

I can help you out there if you want to know the secrets to do it hehe

  • Replies 600
  • Views 348.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Are you going to keep the origional dash?

 

Or going to fit a ae92? :wink:

 

I can help you out there if you want to know the secrets to do it hehe

Thanks for the offer, I reckon it does look really good but there is heaps of work to do and it looks a little bit too hard. I don't want to worry about changing all that stuff just yet. Maybe later down the track but right now just want to get it back on the road. Cheers anyway :(

I'm thinking of just painting my original dash some wacky colours and see how it looks.

haha yeah sweet as man!

its actually only a half day job in all honesty!

and shouldnt cost you anymore than 150 to buy all the stuff from the wreckers :(

 

can't wait to see more pics man!

  • Author

Bought some parts for the rolla this morning.

 

My Stupid Silly Gf took my ropes out last night. I didnt know cos i always leave them in the car cos i'm always on building sites. SO anyway i bought a rear tailgate and it wouldnt fit in the boot of my daily. Put it on the roof.. no ropes. Suck it back in the boot and closed the lid halfway and dove to the nearest service station to buy rope. As i was driving to the servo the Corolla boot is slowly slipping out so i jump on the brakes to get it back in the car. Got the rope and tied the ford boot down on the leaf springs.

 

Pics..

 

DSC00261.jpg

 

DSC00263.jpg

 

Is it a ford or a corolla..?? :(

DSC00264.jpg

 

A few more goodies. Old crappy 13" wheels so i can spray the car and a new left hand guard.

DSC00266.jpg

Dude - Your Ford is about to shit a corolla...or give birth...or a corolla drove into your boot... :(

  • Author
Dude - Your Ford is about to shit a corolla...or give birth...or a corolla drove into your boot... :wink:

:( That is so funny, i never looked at it that way but its so true. Nice one mate :y:

johno thought you would have got tailgate with with number plate lights biult up under the spoiler but sill looks good.

 

wayne

  • Author

I was going to but couldnt find one like that. As i was driving home i thought its probebly better i got this one because it keeps the old style of the Sohc look. Sorta like a sleeper.

Hey man...

 

When painting the mirrors, I just masked up the glass and moved the glass around to get the paint as much as I possibly could in the edges!

I tried taking them out the first time I painted then, but broke 3 set of mirrors before I learnt haha!

 

Regarding the dash, it was because previously, there were other holes from previous gauges in the dash... When we willed the over, the filler must have distorted from the sun and make the paint crack!

 

So now when I get the new dash, there will be no holes, which = no cracks... :(

I was going to but couldnt find one like that. As i was driving home i thought its probebly better i got this one because it keeps the old style of the Sohc look. Sorta like a sleeper.

 

The one with the light in the wing is off the series 2, It also has a longer wing.

  • Author
Hey man...

 

When painting the mirrors, I just masked up the glass and moved the glass around to get the paint as much as I possibly could in the edges!

I tried taking them out the first time I painted then, but broke 3 set of mirrors before I learnt haha!

 

Regarding the dash, it was because previously, there were other holes from previous gauges in the dash... When we willed the over, the filler must have distorted from the sun and make the paint crack!

 

So now when I get the new dash, there will be no holes, which = no cracks... :wink:

 

Yeah, i wasn't sure about the mirrors. My drivers one was always broken, it worked but just couldnt control it from inside the car. I was trying to take to take off the glass but every way I tried it would seem to almost break. I saw little screws in there but couldnt get them properly cos the glass was in the way.

That sucks with your dash, Did you use that 50:1 pink 2 pac builders bog stuff? that stuff is very strong and breaks paint contact on surfaces all the time.

 

The one with the light in the wing is off the series 2, It also has a longer wing.

When I went to the wreckers yesterday there was about 100 corolla's there, Three were AE82 seca's. One was a S2 seca but had no rear spoiler and had a dent in the panel :( The remaining two were S1 seca's but only one was in good condition with what i could see looks like the rear demister was working (fingers crossed)

  • Author

I just put on new rims, I think it makes the car look heaps better :(

I got a good deal, $50 for tire and wheel package, Stylish black tire valves and nuts were thrown in for free..

 

DSC00267.jpg

 

 

DSC00270.jpg

 

 

This one i might use for my avatar pic

DSC00272.jpg

Edited by Johno

Phuck yeah man, Run down to supercheap and get some spinning hubcaps, They will make them wheels look even hotter.

I'm thinking of just painting my original dash some wacky colours and see how it looks.

Dude, don't you be stealing my idea!! Well not my idea but the previous owners of the car...

post-1158-1231646725_thumb.jpg

 

Na seriously, do this to your car and I will hurt you. Too many liftbacks have been defaced by colour blind people. Enough is enough :(

  • Author

Nah your pretty safe, I was thinking of something a little less Groovy, lol.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.