Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys,

Took a break from doing work on the rolla tonight, I was painting a weatherboard house today in the sun all day so I'm buggered.

On the way home i saw this Toyota Camry, I want that colour on my car. Maybe i shouldn't say that because I'll properly change my mind next week, Lol!

DSC02324.jpg

I sanded the rear plastic bumber down tonight so its as smooth as glass.

And.....A guy at my work kindly gave me about 3 litres of 2 pac primer/filler so i can start priming some stuff very soon!

Edited by Johno

Not much had really been happening with the rolla in the last 5 days.

I think i had a brain wave though, My rear boot/door paint is in a bad way, needs to be stripped back to bare metal. I'm missing the plastic wiper cover inside and my rear demister isnt working because all the (wire) on the glass has been affected by the sun. So i was going to buy new glass which will cost heaps and strip the paint and buy a new cover.

Brain wave is.. Buy a second hand door, just gotta make sure that the rear demister works. I might even get a series 2 door. Then i will have my numberplate lights under the rear spoiler rather than on the sides of the plates. All i will have to do is mask, sand and paint :cool:

He he, hope it doesn't rust up again!

Got a question for anyone mechanically minded. :P

I have started pulling out the old 4ac, got the radiator, coil, battery, air cleaner and other bits and pieces out. I want to take off the air conditioner pipes but i don't know what to expect. the air-con works shit hot ATM with the 4ac. I want to run air-con with the 4age but not sure what to do.If i take the pipes off for the air con, is gas going to piss out everywhere? or is there a one way valve to stop it coming out? Will i wreck the system if i take off the wrong thing? I want to take the pipe off the compressor and take out the inter-cooler thingo and all the other pipes to paint the car.

Any help is appreciated, cheers, johno :P

since it works really well, you have two choices...

leave it all there and spray around it...

crack one of the lines to the compressor 'accidently' just enough to let the gas escape and disappear for a minute or two while it 'accidently' leakes out. then pull all the lines/cooler/dryer out.

the a/c from my ke20 had very little gas in it, took a whole of 6 seconds for it to stop making a hissing sound :P

dF

since it works really well, you have two choices...

leave it all there and spray around it...

crack one of the lines to the compressor 'accidently' just enough to let the gas escape and disappear for a minute or two while it 'accidently' leakes out. then pull all the lines/cooler/dryer out.

the a/c from my ke20 had very little gas in it, took a whole of 6 seconds for it to stop making a hissing sound :P

dF

And if you do that, make sure there are no neighbourly EPA officers walking past......oh, and wear gloves and full body protection, 'cause that shit is _nasty_, and will be extremely cold

I have just been told how toxic this Gas stuff is for the environment, Haven't cracked the pipes just yet (luckily).. I think will be getting a professional to come out to my place and DE-gas it for me. Just lucky i didn't open the pipes. I was so close to doing it today.. just couldn't find the right size spanner and didnt want gas everywhere.. I am glad i posted the question about this the other day otherwise i wouldnt have known how bad this shit is.

Ah the mighty 4ac :yes:

Sounds funny, but I really do miss my worked one :(

Looking good dude! :sob:

I wish I knew about your worked 4ac, I would have bought it! Saves me getting new fuel tank and lines, Ecu, wiring loom.. :P