Custom Built 4k Upright Motor Fitting

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a hot 3K in my old Corolla and it shat all over a 4AGE 20v with close ratio gearbox, Motec etc on the track.

Here is a pic of the engine which was upright.

New engine and gearbox mounts

custom sump and pick up

custom manifolds

bent gear lever and modified hole

KE10engine.jpg

KE10enginebay.jpg

Good luck with it!

Edited by VHR32

I do beleive this is the tittle of the thread: Custom Built 4k Upright Motor Fitting, who has done it? hear is what I'm doing. HERE is what I'm doing. NOT tell me how to do this, how can i do this. WHO has done it. NOT what did u do and how did u do it. What i was trying to state before was these people did something out of the norm, they were different and did things their own way. your sitting there tellin him he shouldnt do it because he wont get more power or thats it stupid and if its so good why arent people using it more. he wants to do something thats not so common. thats all in tryin to say. If u don't like what hes doin, keep ya nose outta the thread, Simple. CHEERSRyan

what was the 4age 20 valve in VHR32?

what i mean is: that hot upright 3k is cool and different. Shane'O tryin to be different by doing something outta the norm (4A-GE). goin by what people have said in this thread doing something different is bad or something.

CHEERS

Ryan

I had a hot 3K in my old Corolla and it shat all over a 4AGE 20v with close ratio gearbox, Motec etc on the track.

Good luck with it!

So your hotted up 3k beat a stock internal 20v with a close ratio box and a motec, My stock 4age beat a stock 3k, WHat do i win.

Maybe you should post more info on these cars.

Who cares thats coool and different, just what most people think is bad or something

CHEERS

Ryan

So why don't people put Rolls-Royce Griffon's in corollas then? That'd be cool and different! Oh thats right, because its a bad idea!!

Honestly if he had a good reason to do an upright I'm all for it, otherwise find yourself a 4A-C someones throwing out and put that in. Shazam instant upright, no need for custom bits and its almost as crappy as a K!!

So why don't people put Rolls-Royce Griffon's in corollas then? That'd be cool and different! Oh thats right, because its a bad idea!!

Honestly if he had a good reason to do an upright I'm all for it, otherwise find yourself a 4A-C someones throwing out and put that in. Shazam instant upright, no need for custom bits and its almost as crappy as a K!!

Ha Ben, When was the last time you beat your KE70 with your silvia, Now that would be a close race.

now your takin what I'm sayin out of contest... most people wouldnt bother hottin up a 3k but this guy wanted to and he succeded. Now Shane'0 has give you a reason on why he wants to upright his K engine? what are we still wearing nappies? let him do it. good on him for trying at least hes gettin off his ass and doing somethin. Good on ya shane. hope ya get it finished and i'll be the first to come have a look.

CHEERS

Ryan

now your takin what I'm sayin out of contest... most people wouldnt bother hottin up a 3k but this guy wanted to and he succeded. Now Shane'0 has give you a reason on why he wants to upright his K engine? what are we still wearing nappies? let him do it. good on him for trying at least hes gettin off his ass and doing somethin. Good on ya shane. hope ya get it finished and i'll be the first to come have a look.

CHEERS

Ryan

Ryan we have no problem with him wanting to upright his engine, Its the fact that people say it increases power or reduces piston wear that is annoying, He has already stated that he isnt doing it to put twin carbs on it anytime soon but if he wants the look of a normal looking engine then so be it.

No.....

If the crank was off centre to the bore then yes but its pushing the piston straight, If you have excess wear on your piston from it being pushed into the bore then you have different dramas.

But wouldn't the piston get pushed the direction the conrod is angled to in its upwards stroke ?

And what about "piston slap", where the piston more or less rocks in the cylinder ?

The whole idea of the piston just going up and down just doesn't work in the real world cause of the angles the conrod achieves in pushing the piston up and then when the piston comes back down acting on the crank to turn it around.

The piston gets pushed and pulled to the sides in its movement..

Personally, i like the whole idea that Spittao is getting at

The only mod needed after this is of filling in the intake ports and moving them more upwards so that they open up into the side of the rocker cover. Takes out the dog-leg at the intake valves that way.

And if David Vizard could do it to his 105E Anglia and get some serious horsepower from that i reckon it'd be interesting on a K motor

Edit (again) - I like the simplicity of the K motor and if i ever go back to a twin cam EFI it'd be a swift G13B

Edited by towe001