June 7, 200818 yr comment_251389 just wondering what people have used to replace there original headlights in a KE30. the round ones. My coupe had the KE55 square lights, ive removed them and fitted the round grill, just wondering if i could use something like these Are the KE30 lights 7"? Not looking for soemthing super pricey, just something cheapish like them. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_251431 Yep, you sure could. You can use anything thats 7 inches in diameter. :D Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_251467 I bought some of those crystal type head lights, and found them to be SHIT! The beam was awful, very similar to the old sealed beam. So i put the Narva halogen kit back in. Still takes the H4 globe, but i get a MUCH better beam, just like you would in a new car. Make sure you get a good one is all I'm saying. Report
June 7, 200818 yr Author comment_251474 so anything in 7" aye, ill keep looking around. Sammo, how shit? surely not any shitter than the standard lights? Thanks guys Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_251491 I've been told by my co-worker (I'm now an Auto Parts Interpreter) that the Hella 7 Inch Round Headlights are awesome. :D Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_251497 how shit? surely not any shitter than the standard lights? Well the beam shape and throw is not much better then standard, but you do get the choice of globes. Maybe it was just a shit brand that i got, (ebay too!) Hella 7 Inch Round Headlights are awesome. Anything with a good brand, i would reconmend, my Narva ones are the best 100 bucks i ever spent....maybe... Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_251505 I have Autopal H4 inserts with 100/130w globes. I see stuff. :D Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251519 I have Autopal H4 inserts with 100/130w globes. I see stuff. :lol: How is your wiring coping Rob? :D Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251530 yeah i got some of them H4 super white globes. they seem better cos the 55's wid square lights have semi sealed beams so yeah. $27 and i can see better at night =] and blinding all these people with brand new cars and blinding lights is always a bonus =] Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251560 How is your wiring coping Rob? :lol: Suprisingly well. :D Although the 40A alternator had to go as it stuggled with the 4 x 100W Cibies as well as the 130W high beams.....:D Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251563 +1 for hella or narva 7" h4 inserts depending on what you want i converted TA22 mounting brackets to my KE36 and run narva h4 inserts 55/60w hi lo combo on the outboard side and narva h1 100w driving lights on the inboard side it's eleventy billion times better than before, but it does not work with the ke30 grille obviously Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251567 I've got a set like the nes pictured. I removed them for a set of angel eyes I bought. I think the bulbs was using was shit a I couldn't see anything, so I upgaded the bulbs with a Xenon headlamp conversion kit. Its f@$king bright now. Report
June 8, 200818 yr Author comment_251569 +1 for hella or narva 7" h4 insertsdepending on what you want i converted TA22 mounting brackets to my KE36 and run narva h4 inserts 55/60w hi lo combo on the outboard side and narva h1 100w driving lights on the inboard side it's eleventy billion times better than before, but it does not work with the ke30 grille obviously Got pics? Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_251678 good quality lights ,good quality globes are good but they will work better if the harness to the light is upgraded with relays and higher amp wiring.use the factory wiring to turn the relays on and off,if you mount them close to the front you can replace the harness to the lights with better wiring,the lights are only as good as their power supply.watch the amp rating of the wires and fuses.to work out the amps ,divide the watts by the volts and that is the amps drawn. Report
June 14, 200818 yr comment_253170 i used semi seeled 7" lights that i got off of a bmw from upullit. ended up costing me 10 bucks and they work great!! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now