The "omg Guess What Happened Today" Thread

Apparently there was an incident yesterday on this job site i'm on today.

Just like the day before with the jocks, yesterday someone shat on the floor in the toilets. Apparently the plumbers cleaned it up. I'm mates with one of the plumbers so when i run into him next i'll say...

"Heard you had a shit day yesterday."

lOl

When i was working at the resort there was a guy there that had a real problem with using the toilets. He'd do his turds in the showers.... Could be the same drop kick

At work today i had to package up 10 cutting bits for a boring machine (i think) value of each bit was around $100 and they would have been around the size of a ten cent piece....

Re-stocking the shelving out the back and having a bit of a poke around and came across a 4" grinding wheel (finishing wheel) and it still had a price sticker on it...... $250

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omg i had a crap week. Nothing is easy or straight forward. Anything i would do turned to shit. Car wouldn't start, phone went flat, fridge blew up, cigarette lighter stopped working in car, rained all weekend when i was camping, power went off and i was late for work, my carport got flooded, gf broke up with me, my brother is giving me the shits, I got a mountain of bills for city link, mobile, credit card, 3 weeks rent, insurance, internet. I was meant to finish the job tomorrow but the client changed her mind about the colour today so the next job that was booked in has to be delayed till tuesday next week, i haven't had one moment to myself this week and this is the only thing i have done on rollaclub for 3 days coz i been doing stuff for everyone else and i have a sore tooth. When the power went out (on wed) i was late, told the boss i was sorry and the next day (today) there was 2 car accidents and it made me 20 mins late again!

Oh and the last thing, the cops pulled my over and gave me a warning because my stereo was too loud. I just cranked smack my bitch up coz i was stressing out.

Bash: bash bash :D :Rant;

Goooz fra bah....

OMG! i just worked this out.

Each day on my travels to and from work i use up 1/3 of my fuel tank. So thats 13.333333 litres for 55km.

So that works out to be 1 litre for every 4.125kms travelled.

And in the last few days the carbie seems to be shitty at me. I think she knows about the SU's.

Each day on my travels to and from work i use up 1/3 of my fuel tank. So thats 13.333333 litres for 55km.

Dude thats 24.2L/100km....thats bloody terrible!! My Silvia has similar fuel consumption at a track day (~24-25L/100km) with 4 times the power!

Wow that is very poor fuel economy Jon. You'd get at least double the mileage with a standard carbie lol.

My OMG... Yesterday my front brakes started making a scraping noise so i checked them out when i got home and there was no pad left on one of the pads. So my dad went out at about 6 o'clock to get me some new brake pads while me and ryan put my new 5 speed in my car. Took about double the time that it should have for some reason just because of stupid little issues and it meant that i was changing my brakes over by torchlight at 12am. Once I had finished I took it to the end of the street and it was still making the noise. So I think I have a warped rotor now which means more money :D. New 5 speed goes good though!! The only thing wrong with it is that now when you change to 1st, 3rd, and 5th it hits the top of the centre console and my cd player.

G/f's car failed to start yesterday morning, her excellent mechanical knowledge and expert diagnosing skills told me over the phone that the car wasn't cranking, which made me think battery, alternator (even though it was changed in the last couple of months), or starter motor. Not much I could do during the day (at work), so drop by in the afternoon, first thing I do is jump in the car and turn the key, cranks first go (but doesn't start).

Me: You said it wasn't cranking

Her: It wasn't

Me: Was it doing this? (turns key, cranks engine)

Her: Yes

Me: That's cranking...

Her: Well, it wasn't turning over then. You knew what I meant

Me: No, I knew what you said by it not cranking. You didn't know what you meant.

Grr....

Anyway, car still wouldn't start, but since starter motor is working fine that ruled out battery, starter motor and alternator. So that narrowed it down to fuel, spark or air. T/b was working, not blocked, air filter not blocked so that meant either fuel or spark. Full tank of fuel, no leaks, fuel pump was whirring and wasn't going to pull fuel filter out by the side of the road, so spark was the only thing left.

Checked plug leads, they seemed fine, coil lead seemed fine, coil wiring seemed fine, so got her to try starting the car again. Turned over first go, ran like a trooper, so I closed the bonnet and prepared to burn it for home before something happened.....and then the car cut out. A lightbulb went off in my head, so I popped the bonnet again and got her to start the car again. Started and ran fine, so I checked the spark and coil leads again....and then got one mofo of an electric shock from the coil lead. Turns out the coil lead was rubbing against the bonnet, and had worn through the insulation ever so slightly and shorted out. So the car would run fine with the bonnet up, but as soon as you shut the bonnet hard it shorted and died.

So gingerly shut the bonnet so it latched but didn't sit fully down, and got her to drive it home avoiding all potholes and the like. Could have just patched it with leccy tape, but I should get a new coil lead anyway otherwise it'll happen again (need one with elbows at both ends, this one sticks up too much)

I know there is something wrong with my carbie. I had it tested and apparently it uses 7 x the fuel during normal driving.

Thats why i'm having my twins rebuilt so i can chuck them on.

Then i'll have the 3k carbie rebuilt and have it as a spare.

I got a call to say I'd won a ticket for a coprporate box (with food, soft drinks and alcohol provided) for Clipsal, but only for Friday (like now!) I had to finish the job I was working on and now I'm about to go!!! YAY! But the weird think is, they couldn't tell me how I'd won, apparently it was some sort of a promotion that I'd qualified for....WTF? Anyhoo, the tickets hubby got me are spare, so one of our friends went with him, and now they're calling me a bitch cause I get the air conditioned corporate box!

YAY!

:y:

I got a call to say I'd won a ticket for a coprporate box (with food, soft drinks and alcohol provided) for Clipsal, but only for Friday (like now!) I had to finish the job I was working on and now I'm about to go!!! YAY! But the weird think is, they couldn't tell me how I'd won, apparently it was some sort of a promotion that I'd qualified for....WTF? Anyhoo, the tickets hubby got me are spare, so one of our friends went with him, and now they're calling me a bitch cause I get the air conditioned corporate box!

YAY!

:D

sure its not a trick, sounds a bit suspect! Maybe they are going to gag and bag you in the back of a van and ring your hubby with a ransom?

either that or your hubby just wanted your ticket for his mate! haha.

naaah, have fun. :y:

OMG! i just worked this out.

So that works out to be 1 litre for every 4.125kms travelled.

And in the last few days the carbie seems to be shitty at me. I think she knows about the SU's.

What sort of fuel tank do u have, because I used to fit 50 litres in my KE30