Alex's Supercharged 4k Project Ke70

DearmanKE

new engine runs

but theres problems :'(

see this thread http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25791

heaps bad noises comeing from the clutch/release bearing area.

and the brakes seam really bad, i never remember them being very good, but this is like terrible and the pedal is rock solid, can boosters screw up if the car has just been sitting for a while?

Members dont see this ad

The car would still brake if the booster was faulty, but the pedal would be spongy if the booster was leaking.

Sure you have the hose connected properly?

Regarding the clutch, is it engaging and disengaging properly? Have you put the thrust bearing on correctly? Greased up theinput shaft slightly before you put it in?

hmm, yeah checked the booster hoses just now and there all good made sure one way valve was right way and stuff, stil got terrible brakeing power,

its like how the pedal goes when the engine is off, goes hard and brakes suck.

and yeah its engaging and disengaging, did abit of mucking around, its fine when the car is in gear and the clutch is out, doesnt seam to make noises, or it might make them but they are very quiet and can't be heard over the leaking exhuast. which isnt realy that loud anyway.

i did grease up the input shaft with the pink/purple grease the clutch came with,

ive got a feeling its something to do with the release bearing/clips,

guess the next step is to pull the box out, coz its not gunna fix itself,

Try removing the vacuum hose of the brake boost, get somebody else to push the brake pedal in (push really hard) for you and hold it there while you put your finger over the inlet to the boost. Once you've sealed it with your finger they can release the pedal and this should create a vacuum in the booster, hence once you remove your finger you should get a pop/hish as air rushes into the vacuum. Try this a few times leaving your finger on it for a bit longer and this should give you some indication as to weather the booster is leaking. :'(

Oh, and you have got your one way valve in the right way yeah?

well i pulled the gearbox out today

and you guys are guna laugh at me, because i actually suck lol

k40's and k50's have a small rubber boot that goes over the clutch fork on the outside of the bellhousing

i had installed this boot on the inside because i was like it wont matter which way it goes(coz at the time i didint realise they went on outside and i assumed it was inside because of the spring on the outside sort of being in the way.)

so yeah i installed it inside

so the rubber boot was rubbing against the pressure plate slightly creating the whirring, and then when the clutch was depressed it was pushed further against the plate createing the screeching noise!