Alloy Cleaner

corollaart

Members dont see this ad
hey i have a friend that works for autologic, and their degreaser is the best i have ever come across, it cleaned all of the really dity oily stuff, however....

you can use it neat but it not advisable, as if you leave alloy to soak in it, it will melt it and neat.

cleaning products

Holy shit - dissolving the alloy!!!!!!!! mmm lightened alloy components for the win :no2:

Yeh alkaline/caustic substances will eat Aluminium (shouldn't call it Alloy - Steel is an alloy too!)

I'm not sure what the gasket remover was, It must be aluminium compatible because of the number of aluminium blocks/heads out there. Do a test patch with whatever stripper you use, it'll be fine!

Yeh alkaline/caustic substances will eat Aluminium (shouldn't call it Alloy - Steel is an alloy too!)

I'm not sure what the gasket remover was, It must be aluminium compatible because of the number of aluminium blocks/heads out there. Do a test patch with whatever stripper you use, it'll be fine!

Me bad - as a metallurgist by qualification I got lazy.