Oke020

oke020

Members dont see this ad
mr ae71, i have only had two passes, need to get it teched now before i can run it again, was a shake down pass, did a slow launch, 7k shift to top instead of 8800rpm and drove through for a 10.30 @ 140mph, i have no boost control hooked up so its running on gate springs, around 21psi and on straight 98 octane fuel :cool: i have another 20 or so PSI of boost to go plus 116 octane fuel, i just have to keep sneaking up on it though over the next year so can work out what the car can/can't handle.

fair enuff so it will haul ass

this car from PR most probably has less rear end work and a realistically less potent setup than my car and runs into the :hmm: at only 149mph, mine 'should' leave straighter though as i have built a large anti roll bar for it to stop that twisting.

there is a street rego'd celica with a 2j for sale on boostcrusing for 12grand it's insane he is selling it non turbo but i think it has a turbo kit on it now!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
this car from PR most probably has less rear end work and a realistically less potent setup than my car and runs into the :lolcry: at only 149mph, mine 'should' leave straighter though as i have built a large anti roll bar for it to stop that twisting.

Puerto Ricans are insane, but so is your car. Absolutely love it man.

I'd have to say the toughest KE I've ever seen. Inspires me (and I'm sure

plenty of others) to want to do a 2jz conversion on a project.

Good luck with the car and please take the best of care with it. It will never

be the same when it is made of fibreglass.

Vincent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I put this on the dyno today at Godzilla Motorsport on c16 fuel, was having trouble getting the power down on the rollers so stopped at 28psi, will have to tune more boost on the track. Here is the dyno sheet

3320.jpg

and here is a vid

first you have to be able to transfer the power to the rollers without slip, then dyno restarders have a maximum power handling ability, the bigger dynos will use twin retarders to handle close to 2000hp. You'll never tune a top fuel motor on any dyno purely as they wont last one pull :yes: