August 7, 201412 yr Author comment_686689 Yeah righto I might put abit more into it then! Nope haven't heard anymore about it at all. Selling my thumpster on saturday so will have some cash for a new ecu :) What ever I find I guess. Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_686729 Yeah righto I might put abit more into it then! Nope haven't heard anymore about it at all. Selling my thumpster on saturday so will have some cash for a new ecu :) What ever I find I guess. 8-10deg more timing should wake it up a heap mate. How much do you want to spend on an ECU? Report
August 8, 201412 yr Author comment_686733 Yeah sweet, will have a play this weekend and put some more into it, Not to fussed on price, Just want something decent that will do the job and maybe handle upgrades in the future. Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_686737 I do have two older haltech units an E6k and an E6x BUT i had some software issues with the k and I haven't tried the x(was purchased as running unit from Spencer on here) so not sure how keen I am to on sell either of them on a forum that I am a member of. Report
August 8, 201412 yr Author comment_686752 Yeah no dramas stu, I'm sure I can find something around the place, Not sure if I would be waisting my time with a megasquirt or not..... Decisions haha Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_686764 Forget the old ecus and get a sprint 500, the software is really easy to use, and the product has current endless support. To save money buy the ecu, and make your own loom up. I have been in your position and i will guarantee you wont look back. Report
August 8, 201412 yr Author comment_686765 Yeah right, Whats the sprint worth. About a grand I guess. Mate has offered me a Haltech E8 Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_686766 Around $1100(with 2m loom) depending on supplier. But may come down in price a little now the elite is coming. Edited August 8, 201412 yr by kickn5k Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_686776 E8 is a great ECU, ive been playing with one of them. Software is nice to use too. if you get the E8, make sure you update the firmware to the latest, and you MUST use the correct software for the firmware edition on the ecu itself. Report
August 13, 201412 yr Author comment_686979 Yeah sweet, I can get the E8 pretty cheap so might give that a try. :) Report
September 29, 201411 yr Author comment_688913 Well went for a megasquirt 2 ecu, hooked it up today and it started first try! Just need to fine tune the readings for my airtemp and water temp sensors then give the autotune system a run. Very user friendly when connecting the computer to it, thinking about getting an rs232 to bluetooth adaptor so I can then tune it on MSdroid off either my phone or tablet! :) Report
September 29, 201411 yr comment_688914 What are you running a your input trigger mate? Hope you moved on from coil negative? Report
September 29, 201411 yr Author comment_688917 Haha nah still running coil negative for the time being, waiting for you to sort out a good option for a CAS :P I'm just wanting to be able to drive it without fowling plugs so I can do a motorkahana next month I think it is Report
September 29, 201411 yr comment_688925 I looked into the magna dizzy thing like what Stu has but couldn't find one that looked like it would be easy to setup with the ecu. So what I'm working on at the moment is retro fitting the sensor out of the stanza unit into a stock k dizzy housing. I'm actually going to have a look and probably buy an sr20 cas later in the week to use instead cause I think it might be a lot easier with the side exit plug they have. I can make the stanza one work but it'll mean cutting a big whole out of the side/bottom of the housing. If it all works them you could always have my current electronic unit and run single pulse. At least that will give you ignition control. Report
September 30, 201411 yr Author comment_688966 Hopefully that sr20 one works out for you man!! Yeah Ill give your old one a run, Ignition control would be awesome haha. Are you running the pwm valve thingy on your setup Si? Thinking about hooking it up if I can find a plug that fits! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now