Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toyota Tool Box

Featured Replies

Hi,

Got this item a few weeks back now and am chasing its history. Pictures are below.

post-1811-1219752004_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1219752097_thumb.jpg

All I could get off the person it was purchased from was he originally got it off an old bloke and it was full of all these weird "useless" tolls that he threw in the bin. He then glass blasted it then was going to paint it up but then I got a hold of it.

 

Now below are 2 theory's of its history I have but if you know the EXACT thing this was originally for let me know.

 

Theory 1:

 

Now in the back of some parts books I have or service books from dealers I have of Toyota in the 60's all the special service tools came in nice metal tool boxes. But they have a drawing of jsut a square tool box with not much detail. Now these boxes the SST came in were all different shapes pending the kit.

 

So that is one place it could of been an original SST tool box sent to a dealer and that would also explain the "odd tools this guy threw out"

 

Theory 2:

 

In my original KE15 parts catalouge and other KE15 manual and a KE11 one I have in the back it list as an optional extra a nice sleak metal tool box to hold the cars wheel brace and screw drivers and that in etc. again in the picture it is average quality and shows a similar sized metal box sitting in the corner of a boot. So hard to make out if it has the same logo on the top. But this could of been from there.

 

They are my theory's of where this box is from but would love it if others know where it is from and can let me know.

 

Cheers

Cameron

 

BTW:

The inside wasnt blasted much and he said it was originally gloss black all over. So I was thinking making it gloss black then the logo on the top red so it stands out.

Electroplate it chrome or polish it, i think...

Great case though..

One of these sold on eBay USA a few months ago and if my memory serves, it said that it was from a 60's FJ Landcruiser.

 

I want it !!!! I wanted the one off eBay, but it went too high and postage to AUS on top woulda got me killed dead by the lovely lady. :no2:

  • Author

hI,

Out of interest what were the ones on EvilBay going for?

 

I got this one at a good price :sob:

 

Also got free run of an electro plating shop so I might plate it. All ready own a chrome tool box at work I stripped and dipped LOL

 

Also interesting to know the old FJ cruiser had them. Would stand to reason must of been a thing Toyota did in the 60's for a few models as you could get one in the corolla also.

 

Well will be a nice addition to my boot. Thanks for all the info.

 

Also parrot can't view link I'm not a toymods member.

 

Cameron

From toymods, posted by old_school_jap1:

 

hey everybody, just thought i'd post up a quirky old school item that has been passed down from my grandpa to my dad and soon to me. as far as my dad knows this came from a 1963 toyoace truck that my grandpa bought new back then (shame he doesnt still have it). as the title suggests anyone owned or seen one of these:

100_0033.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0035.jpg

 

 

 

Having that set with all the toyota marked tools would be so awesome.

Having that set with all the toyota marked tools would be so awesome.

 

 

Hell yeh !!! :sob: I want

i have a little leather tool pack in my RT40.

still has all the tools brand new never used in it

i have a 10mm 12mm open end combination spanned with toyota stanmped on it

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.