Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

SoulSearcher

well I am thinking of fixing it, and then selling it, but it kills me to put another 4K into it (I think I've spent over 20K on her now - this includes the warranty stuff), and I know I won't get back what I put in, but i've just fixed the dizzy problem, then I think i'm going to need a new clutch, it's just....it gets to a point where I'm feeling defeated, I was feeling that way in the middle of winter and I thought that it was because the car was always dirty, because of the rain, and if I just got through to summer it would be ok....then this happens

I think I'm just going to get an A-B car (RX8 or a Liberty STI) and focus on the 2 for a while until I get the itch again....and I'm also thinking of selling the bluebird and buying a cheaper runround as my youngest is getting her licence this year....maybe a honda civic or something....

what really upsets me the most is that i've got all the stuff for my toyoshow display and can't use it :wink:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for Chaser :) You can get an auto one for like $12K these days, Toyota reliability, torque and ultimate smooth power on tap all day long. I had one as a daily for over 12 months best car ever. With exhaust, intercooler and boost controller had just under 200 rwkw. It was just as happy pottering around as it was having the shit kicked out of it :)

Seriously drive one and then tell me how much you don't want it :laff: :laff: :laff:

Look for a manual one then Lesley, seriously nice cars for the money!!!! I just checked though and far out RX8's are cheaper than I thought they would be.

And Karllos, I reckon you could thrash a Chaser 5 times as hard as these Sportivos and it would still be begging for more :) I think Toyota would be happy with their decision for these as a limited run because they would have had so many warranty claims and recalls :P

what about an IS200? Hubby and I went looking at cars today (that's how we do valentines day in our house :P !) i REALLY like the RX8's - they're so pretty, tiny back seat, but I don't care about passengers!! :) (but shitty gas mileage) the Lexus has 9.9 (as opposed to 12.6 in the RX and 7.3 for the rolla)....still deciding....

And Karllos, I reckon you could thrash a Chaser 5 times as hard as these Sportivos and it would still be begging for more :) I think Toyota would be happy with their decision for these as a limited run because they would have had so many warranty claims and recalls :P

haha yeah i know was thinking wrong thread to be talking about reliability :bash:

Personally the RX-8 wins over the IS200, yet you all know what i think wins over both :bash:

I can see you in an 8 Lesley. Nice car, good to drive although heavy on petrol. And remember to check the oil every two tanks of fuel. No seriously, that's what they recommend. They tend to use a bit. I got to drive 4 different race tracks in an RX8 GT taking people for rides, and I'm really partial to them now. It was a pearl white one with gun metal grey 19's. :hmm:

One of the other instructors I work with just got rid of his MPS6 for one.

Actually there's another one for you. MPS6 is a nice bit of kit. Modest looks, but go like the clappers. A bit touchy on the clutch (Two types of people in this world, those that have stalled an MPS6, and those that are going to) but really nice to drive. Tend to have been bought by people with families who don't want a bland family car.

Stay away from an MPS3 second hand, as they've all had the nads thrashed off them.

Buy an 8, you know you want to. :y:

Edited by Redwarf

Sorry wait wtf? its going to cost 4 grand to replace your turbo manifold?! Did I not read something right? :hmm:

no, it WAS going to cost $4K, the quote is in and the more accurate figure is $4970 to make a new exhaust manifold, put in a garret T25 turbo, modify the dump pipe, well modify all the piping, ceramic coat the manifold and exhaust housing, do the helicoiling and labour. when you break it down to individual costs it's actually not that much...

2000 - 2500 for pipe work

1250 for turbo

95 gaskets

770 labour

330 helicoiling

250 ceramic coating

and I've decided. I'm getting her fixed. I can't sell her broken, or with a cheap fix, so she's getting the full fancy pants modifications, i'll keep her for 6 months and revisit. But i'm thinking of selling the crapbird straight away and getting the IS200, because at the moment, i'm SO OVER the bluebird, then I can teach youngest to drive in the IS and when she finally gets her licence then either one of these:

KQ Laser

N15 Pulsar

EG Civic

So that'll put my plans of the RX8 back a bit, MAYBE it all depends on finances