Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

Members dont see this ad

Has this become a thread for your new car? :P

Looks the goods though, nice pick up. Bring it to the next cruise if it's ready.

Haha cheers Jake :)

Its ready, just needs a tad of body work done while I have the windscreen out, so that should be within the month. As much as I want bring this out I think the boys will prefer

the ke which is a good reason for me to take it out! But I can change my mind :wink:

I'm gobsmaked attention to detail you put into your cars, and I admire you for your commitment to keeping them origional. I can't imagen the standered of a modified car you would build! I'm just wondering what has happen to the red AE71? Was it written of? Pictures?

I'm gobsmaked attention to detail you put into your cars, and I admire you for your commitment to keeping them origional. I can't imagen the standered of a modified car you would build! I'm just wondering what has happen to the red AE71? Was it written of? Pictures?

Hi Connor,

Yes attention to detail has been a thing of mine and the ke70 was the perfect

candidate for it. As much as I like cars, I don't see the point of pouring money

into them no matter how good they'll look as you'll never get your money back. And

originality is usually outnumbered when it comes to enthusiats of this model of Corolla.

Yep, the red ae71 got twisted on the last day of Jan this year. I bought it as a shabby $200

Corolla and brought it up to scratch body wise, before it was decided to repaint it but thats when the acident happened. I had it manual converted as it was a pleasure to drive, really effortless. The side impact it got was enough to turn the centre bearing from a circle into an oval.. preety tough little car.

Thanks again Connor :)

• 3 weeks later...

Did some phoning around today for some paint, 1 litre quantity in 2 pac. Already have the hardener. The ae92 that I bought a few months back needs some cosmetic work done on it.

Thanks to Aaron (Agius) who is on here, he gave me a good lead to a windscreen bloke who can replace my blasted windscreen and install a new one with a new rubber seal. (Similiar seal to the vt commodores) as far looks wise. I have paid attention to a few with this seal and its what Toyota should've put on instead of those dirt collecting, and water trapping fiddly trims :n: :n: Atleast these sit flush, and do what they should do - seal.

I previously snapped a few shots of the ke, and had a play around with the colour/contrasts

in some program that I found by suprise on the computer.

bw3.jpg

bw2.jpg

bw1.jpg

bw.jpg

Everytime I see a recent photo of this put up, the Word and the Expression "Wow!" just pops straight into my head. :y:

Looking really awesome Ben. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Bjay is the new name for the ke due to his reg being BJH...

I havent posted that before. Anyway way,

Few more :) And thanks Josh, they wouldnt make a bad

picture for a t shirt would they :P

CopyofS5004097b.jpg

CopyofS5004101b.jpg

When the cosmetic tasks have been completed on the 92', I'll

lay down some stripes as I posted on the previous page... Now over a few evenings on the weekends I was doodling with

an other idea acually of putting some decals on as well as the stripes. So I went into paint and mocked up a few images until I hit the nail on the head. (Keep in mind those funky designs and colours of the 90s!)

Yes a squiggle, starting from an aqua which transitions into a silver as the ribbons length increases. The colours on this

image are an idea, what I picked on the colour chart was more on the trail.

CopyofS5004260.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

what happened to the spirit spoiler you were going to put on the ae71? iv been trying to chase one down for a while now if you want to sell it =] such a pity what happened after all the hard work u put in getting it looking like it just rolled of the show room floor good luck with the new beast!

In my opinion ben, I like the cars the way they are. However, on the AE92 maybe go a simple pinstripe design but I'd skip the squiggle. Looks so clean without it :)

Mr Cozzo, :P

Yes I was deliberating about the single band stripe along the beltline of the car and I have

a picture of it too. Also I have seen one identical on the road like mine with the single

band and theres something missing. Then not long after I saw another with this type of

graphic that got me going.

The thing is when i'll do this, i'll lay the tri colour stripes down first - possibly leave it for a bit but i'll put on the graphics anyway.

Dan, all the equipment I had for the AE71 is gone. The pity was no body wanted the proper bootlid with the spoiler, so I ended up separating it. There are reproductions

floating around as there is a growing demand for them though :y:

It was a head turner for what it was, compare to how I bought it. I saved it from the knackery then and got some time out of it. It was just purely daily transport, so if there was a crunch that was going to happen, that was the car which was going to get it. Not the ke70.

The new beast is a good little car, small, comfy, common, cheap and zippy. But with

anything you need to do some little mods to suit.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

• 5 weeks later...

Having seen this beauty (KE70) in the flesh on the weekend, again, all I can say is "WOW!" It was like being taken back in time nearly 30 years to when it was brand new. Hell, ignore the odometer reading & you'd swear it was! I had to double check I didnt have a mullet going on... :laff:

'overrated', as everyone says, does get thrown around a lot. To me, it applies only to original things or as close as possible to original. I.e if the car were to have a respray in an original xE7x colour, it would still be overrated, not so if it were sprayed Tiger Mica *shudder* for example :P No, I'm not suggesting it needs a respray, just giving an example :yes:

This is overrated!!! I f-ing love it! :y: :y: :y:

Edited by carbonboy