October 29, 200817 yr comment_285588 Heard another qantas fault on the news, its getting rather regular hey. How long before an actual plane crash ? Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285596 Heard another qantas fault on the news, its getting rather regular hey. How long before an actual plane crash ? never. Probably the safest airline in the world, with great history. They've had their down points lately, but then again the medias all over it. Touchwood. I hate flying and would rather be shot in the face than go down in a plane. :) Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285615 The reason for these "down-points" of late is simple. Qantas are doing maintenance on all their planes overseas in places like Taiwan and Malaysia where the service is much cheaper but nowhere near as thorough. They must simply lift their game to pull through this. Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285619 Heard another qantas fault on the news, its getting rather regular hey. How long before an actual plane crash ? They're a machine, and they break. Apart from the extra veiwing hole they stuck in the side of the Jumbo a couple of months ago, everything else "reported" by the media is another day at the factory for any other airline. Example: I sent 175 people to stay in a hotel the other night due a defect. Didn't hear that on the news, but gaurantee you would have if it was Qantas. If it comes in and it's f@$ked, we fix it, then it flys. If it takes a few hours for the middle bit, so be it. But I'm sure you'd prefer it that way. Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285637 Heh, I was waiting on your reply Rob :D Personally, I still trust Qantas, it's the media I think should feck off :) Report
October 30, 200817 yr comment_285832 i just sold a car to a bloke who works for qantas, he told me all airlines have faults, its just the media trying to stir the pot Report
October 30, 200817 yr comment_285843 This applies to choppers also I see them come in broken every second day not in media but. And over seas maintenance in some places isn't that bad. Report
October 30, 200817 yr comment_286048 It's just a media spotlight. The main problem is that it'll be hard to move away because we don't have another major airline in Australia anymore. Maybe there needs to be a major electrical fault on a Virgin Blue plane or something that causes it to plummet from the sky just to get the attention away from QANTAS. Report
November 15, 200817 yr comment_290301 I hate planes. I seriously do. They scare the crap out of me. It's why over-seas travel is a dream that looks rather distant. Report
November 16, 200817 yr comment_290325 Hopefully not till next week after my wife gets back from Europe! Report
November 16, 200817 yr comment_290515 gota say, Redwarf is on th money, there machines and they break, being in th industry on choppers, any aircraft will put up with a heap of shit! its just media hype. got more chance of getting hit crossing th road in a dead end street! :lolcry: Report
November 16, 200817 yr comment_290521 and in related news... i hear ansett is no longer a competing member of the air force competition. yes I'm drunk. Report
November 17, 200817 yr comment_290624 Hopefully not till next week after my wife gets back from Europe! hopefully not til feb when i get back from europe haha Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now