Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy

SLO-030

long story short.

have u bolted up?, test fitted? or even bought the running gear yet?

or you still messing around with the shitty things like autobarn shiney bits that don't make it got any faster? 8/

cheers, scott

i agree it all sounds like a crock of shit

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Project might go on hold till a) find the running gear b) Buy some stuff i need for me ute or c) find me another daily.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

You know what you should do, save your moneys for a 308 in your ute.

Then you can get a shitty cheap ecotec and auto, which should make more power than a stock 308 anyways, plus is shorter and easier to fit. But it wont have that sweet V8 grumble.

You could pickup a 253 tri combo for about 200 probably cause no one wants them, or even dumby the whole setup with the 253 then slot a 308 in later. 253 has the same shape mounts everything.

i agree it all sounds like a crock of shit

Tom, not enough action in this thread for you? If you havent got anything constructive to say like Nick's post, please, FARK OFF :lol:

You know what you should do, save your moneys for a 308 in your ute.

Then you can get a shitty cheap ecotec and auto, which should make more power than a stock 308 anyways, plus is shorter and easier to fit. But it wont have that sweet V8 grumble.

You could pickup a 253 tri combo for about 200 probably cause no one wants them, or even dumby the whole setup with the 253 then slot a 308 in later. 253 has the same shape mounts everything.

Yea, I'm having trouble finidng something in that price bracket. I went to see some guys i know at a holden wreckers and the asking price for a 253 and tri combo was around $1200 :sob: but only 300 more for a 308 and tri.

I don't really wanna V8 the ute as the engine in there was only done 2yrs ago and hasnt missed a beat. I know i wont get back what i paid if i sell it so i might aswel stick with it, its plently fast enough for what i do anyways 8/.

I went to see some guys i know at a holden wreckers and the asking price for a 253 and tri combo was around $1200 8/ but only 300 more for a 308 and tri.

Holy crap, 1200. You can pick up a decent setup from ebay for about 300 or a bit more. Got to aussiev8.com.au and check they're for sale section. They're should be someone on there upgrading and wanting to get rid of they're old motor.

I guess it depends on how long you want it to last, but if its just for a burnout car it should be no trouble.

If 253's are worth 1200 ill be laughing when i swap mine out!

Maybe follow up the one below if its still for sale! Shift kit would be awesome in the Rolla!

http://www.aussiev8.com.au/sale-items/2301...-auto-sale.html

I guess it depends on how long you want it to last, but if its just for a burnout car it should be no trouble.

8/ are you aware of how much stress burnouts put on your drivetrain???

You'd want a pretty healthy engine/box

and either a string rear end, or skinny tyres/locker/start burnout in water

Tom, not enough action in this thread for you? If you havent got anything constructive to say like Nick's post, please, FARK OFF :)

why would you waste time on it tho, it will still only be worth 200 buks

when you finish :y: :wink: ..

when you do finish it ill line you up to show you how much time you have wasted :y: :lolcry:

Yes Tom because your stock AE71 is going to pull skids just like this will when its built

Most people don't care what the car is worth when finished. Part of building a car is knowing you won't get back what you spent. I think the enjoyment Ryan will have when its built will outway how much the shell will be worth when stripped of parts

Cheers, Ben.

Yes Tom because your stock AE71 is going to pull skids just like this will when its built

Most people don't care what the car is worth when finished. Part of building a car is knowing you won't get back what you spent. I think the enjoyment Ryan will have when its built will outway how much the shell will be worth when stripped of parts

Cheers, Ben.

TOTALLY AGREE!

if you if even close to getting your money back on a 'project car' you are doing very well, thats not the reason why you built cars. Its for the love, passion, enjoyable, satisfaction.

Stop being a tosser about it, its Ryan's car and money he can do with it as he wishes. Hes builting a car for a specific purpose to which the spec suit very well IMO.

Wait up, this kid is having a wah about a couple of hundred bucks for an engine and driveline? Seriously Tom your not serious?

A) It aint your damn car, so A) f@$k off

B) You seen how much my project is gonna cost me at a minimum? over 17,000 dollars. and I'm happy that the car wont be worth any where near half of that to people like you, dosent mean its worth more than that to me.

So again B) f@$k off.

I'm really really really over people like you, grow up and mind your own business.

And waste time? Its what he wants, and your lucky he's "wasting" his time putting this thread up for you to see so you can get some good ideas and learn how to do things.

The main reason people put up these kind of threads is to show people how to do things and show off there pride and joy.

Your opinion reminds me of dumb shits that went to my school and think that stock comodores are the most awesome and powerful cars on the planet. Learn something and if you don't have anything constructive to say or wouldnt mind a quick question about how its built etc, then GTFO!

Travis.

Wait up, this kid is having a wah about a couple of hundred bucks for an engine and driveline? Seriously Tom your not serious?

A) It aint your damn car, so A) f@$k off

B) You seen how much my project is gonna cost me at a minimum? over 17,000 dollars. and I'm happy that the car wont be worth any where near half of that to people like you, dosent mean its worth more than that to me.

So again B) f@$k off.

I'm really really really over people like you, grow up and mind your own business.

And waste time? Its what he wants, and your lucky he's "wasting" his time putting this thread up for you to see so you can get some good ideas and learn how to do things.

The main reason people put up these kind of threads is to show people how to do things and show off there pride and joy.

Your opinion reminds me of dumb shits that went to my school and think that stock comodores are the most awesome and powerful cars on the planet. Learn something and if you don't have anything constructive to say or wouldnt mind a quick question about how its built etc, then GTFO!

Travis.

I'm sick of you :y: