Power Figures

tuf513

Members dont see this ad
hey guys

I was just wondering what is the most amount of power any of you have made or seen a front wheel drive 4agte make as i have just fully rebuilt one and hoping to crack 250-260kw atw on pulp and over 300kw on race fuel and maybe even nitrous in the future.

Most I've seen is 267kw at the wheels on 30psi in FLYNSX, but that was with Martini race fuel. You won't get anywhere near that without some serious, and I mean serious money.

Most I've seen is 267kw at the wheels on 30psi in FLYNSX, but that was with Martini race fuel. You won't get anywhere near that without some serious, and I mean serious money.

i reckon ill get atleast 250kw at the wheels on pulp with around 25psi and its not as expensive as you might think :P

You could probably get away with one of the bigger GT3071Rs (not the 3071R in the 2871R housings... should be called a 2971R) or a GT3076R. When it comes to turbos they're not that huge, streetable on a 2L motor, but on a 4A-GE I can't see you getting full boost anytime before 5000rpm. Stop quoting psi figures you'll only make yourself look like a goose. Reason? A motor may make 250kw @ 18psi with one turbo and then 250kw @ 12psi with another turbo. It all comes down to flow and how you want the power delivered.

I can tell you, as someone with a motor that's quite capable of hitting 250kw without internal work, its *** expensive to do it properly. That's even before you start with rebuilds and having to address a motors weak points which I can assure you of finding in a 4A approaching 250kw.

You could probably get away with one of the bigger GT3071Rs (not the 3071R in the 2871R housings... should be called a 2971R) or a GT3076R. When it comes to turbos they're not that huge, streetable on a 2L motor, but on a 4A-GE I can't see you getting full boost anytime before 5000rpm. Stop quoting psi figures you'll only make yourself look like a goose. Reason? A motor may make 250kw @ 18psi with one turbo and then 250kw @ 12psi with another turbo. It all comes down to flow and how you want the power delivered.

I can tell you, as someone with a motor that's quite capable of hitting 250kw without internal work, its *** expensive to do it properly. That's even before you start with rebuilds and having to address a motors weak points which I can assure you of finding in a 4A approaching 250kw.

i have done it properly and the reason i quoted that psi is because it should make that power around that much boost i didnt say exactly 25psi i said around that and also i am using a gt3071 with a smaller rear housing so it should come on boost around 3500rpm to 4000rpm so it wont it be a dyno queen