What Do You All Think Of This?

Matt-e30

Hi,

recently i was speaking to a guy over ebay who had a ke20 advertised and he mentioned that he had a couple of ke10s he was also interested in selling so i asked for some pictures and this is what i was sent..

hi Matt

this is one of my other corollas KE10

5k motor, KE70 5 speed, KE20 Strut disc front end KE20 drum rear

Datsun 180b SSS dash Datsun long range tank Datsun column Datsun wiring

Home made BMW grill 5inch twin headlights, Sigma turbo seats, Laminated screen - tinted, new rubbers, sports exhaust, extractors, weber carby, homemade steel body kit, new headlining, new carpet, Charade front bumper, pioneer stereo, mate the list is endless I spent lots of dollars, had the car for 20 years, spent 5 years building it. Paint colour is HQ Flamenco acrylic red.

Will send more photos. Hope you like them. Am open to offers.....cheers ****

IMHO i believe it is not a good exaple of a restoration on one of these classics.. tho i do like the AC setup in the engine bay :D

please discuss

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discussion begins. Warning, opinion is rife in the following paragraph:

I personally think it's an abomination, but I wouldn't piss on an old BMW to put out a fire. The nice clean chrome front end of the KE10 has been chopped and replaced with a poxy plastic front of a kraut-camry. No kidding, old 3 series BMW's are common as, you see many more of them day to day than a nice KE10, why ruin a nice KE.

don't get me wrong, I dig customs, some of the crazy slicing and dicing people do with a 50s mercury or chev is magnificent. But plastic bumpers and side skirts are nowhere close to suiting this car.

On the same note though, it looks like a job well done. The dash install looks really slick too.

Matt, I'm guessing from your moniker you're a BMW fan?

Matt, I'm guessing from your moniker you're a BMW fan?

i have had my fair share of e30s in my time.. they are pretty much the only BMWs that i really like.. had a 318, 318is, 325is in my time..

but they can't beat classic toyota's for me

i felt discusted by the fact that someone could do that to the front of the old ke10.. the fronts on a ke10 have so much character and to replace the metal trimmings with plastic crap just feels so wrong..

i almost just wanted to buy the car to return her to a state of less humiliation for the old girl..

I want front guards before we cube it.

But what is with the radio antenna to on bottom of guard on passenger side.

I don't like it also brake pedal looks like it sits a mile higher than other pedals etc

But KE1X were optional factory aircon so not odd but why the HUGE pump..LOL stock 1969 pump was smaller.

Cameron

I want front guards before we cube it.

But what is with the radio antenna to on bottom of guard on passenger side.

I don't like it also brake pedal looks like it sits a mile higher than other pedals etc

But KE1X were optional factory aircon so not odd but why the HUGE pump..LOL stock 1969 pump was smaller.

Cameron

i believe it must be his brail parking aid cause he must be blind if he thinks that looks good..

could have bought 2 BMW of that year model/shape for the cost of building that hump...

i don't like the dash prefer an all steel dash.. looks more oldschool...