Ke20 Corner Garnishes From Phils Rotary's

benzo

Members dont see this ad

Hmm yeh alot of their stuff is 'new' taiwanese shit :jamie:

I got a pair of the corner garnishes from them for my KE20, recieved them today and I'm half half.

The centre insert looks really good, but the actual garnishes are not the best. They look like they were made with a pretty average mould. Mostly nice and smooth but the top curve is not quite right compared to original ones and they have little bits of plastic dags from the mould.

Will probably end up just sanding/spraying my old garnishes the same silver and put the new inserts in them. Then I will have new ones :no2:

Cheers, Ben.

Yeah have also bought boot rubber for my old orange KE20, turned out to be a cheap one which requires sealing adhesive to put it on instead of just pushing on.

I will take pics of the garnishes to show you the faults.

Cheers, Ben.

Edited by benzo

ok heres the low down.

i bought my front garnish/ finishers from thailand.

one of those peeps from ebay.

they were plain crap, i ended up using the centres in some old garnishes i had in the shed to make a set of good ones.

but they look overrated now.

ok as for Phil, from Phils rotary products.

i had 2 deal with him over the phone at least 5 times in the space of 3 weeks for differnt reasons.

i orderd alot of stuff from him.

it was all cheap crap and it wasnt cheap !!

the door seals are very average, the fronts fit sweet, but the rares are horrible.

listing was for a KE20 KE26 4 DOOR, they arnt even close.

as for my ke26 wagon tailgate body seal, he sent me some bulshit universal fit seal that isnt even same as factory like stated in his ebay add.

also got some front lower indiactor/parker assemblys, they are the worst fitting part ive ever seen, the lenses were all scratched from poor packaging.

also front side indicator assys, are very cheap crap, don't sit very nice in the gaurd and the seals are shocking.

mind you it took 4 weeks to get all this stuff, because he forgot it wasnt in stock and had to order it all.

the guys a tool, wont be dealin with him again.

cheers, scott

Edited by PMP020

leave him negative feed back, that way people will know about the rubbish he sells. For a boot lid rubber on my old ke20 i had i used the seal off the re tailgate of a Ford ed fairmont wagon. i just had to cut it . owrked a treat. the boot just closed nice and firm on it. it even has the wind lacing on it to clip it onto the lip of the boot. no glue required.

ok heres the low down.

i bought my front garnish/ finishers from thailand.

one of those peeps from ebay.

they were plain crap, i ended up using the centres in some old garnishes i had in the shed to make a set of good ones.

but they look overrated now.

ok as for Phil, from Phils rotary products.

i had 2 deal with him over the phone at least 5 times in the space of 3 weeks for differnt reasons.

i orderd alot of stuff from him.

it was all cheap crap and it wasnt cheap !!

the door seals are very average, the fronts fit sweet, but the rares are horrible.

listing was for a KE20 KE26 4 DOOR, they arnt even close.

as for my ke26 wagon tailgate body seal, he sent me some bulshit universal fit seal that isnt even same as factory like stated in his ebay add.

also got some front lower indiactor/parker assemblys, they are the worst fitting part ive ever seen, the lenses were all scratched from poor packaging.

also front side indicator assys, are very cheap crap, don't sit very nice in the gaurd and the seals are shocking.

mind you it took 4 weeks to get all this stuff, because he forgot it wasnt in stock and had to order it all.

the guys a tool, wont be dealin with him again.

cheers, scott

Yeah I will be doing the same thing Scott, putting the new inserts into my old garnishes. Seeing your wags actually convinced me to buy some new ones!

Agree 100% about the seals, they don't fit very well at all.

As you said all his items are cheap crap but they certainly aren't cheap to buy. $119 for garnishes delivered!

and yes parrot I'm pretty sure that Phil gets all his stuff from Thailand so it would be the same, all the thai reproduction gear is cheap and nasty

I just might leave him a negative feedback.

Cheers, Ben.

I never actually purchased anything off phil because he is extremely overpriced.

You could try 'Scotts Old Auto Rubber', as i got a heap of seals and bailey channel felts from him. All good quality.

I also purchased a a full rubber kit from the Taiwanese blokes on ebay. Seem like a good quality product. Some of the rubbers were in 'Genuine Toyota' plastic packages.

Phil is a dodgey dodgey man.

My brother had a motor built and engine conversion done through him many years ago. Lets just say it was average at best. When my brother picked his car up there was a big scratch on the tailgate of his wagon's new paint. Phil claimed a cat got in through an open window and knocked something off a shelf onto it. We also found a very nice tidy mazda 1300 wagon and decided to swap that for a weber, manifold and tune. Phil knocked $500 off the price for our trouble....