KE30_KE35_KE55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can do a acrylic base with a 2 pac iso free clear over the top, thats what we did with Teddy's KE70.. (base must be dry before you apply the 2 pac).

I have seen Justin's panel work (on Des's car) and he would be one guy that Id trust to do body work :cool:

You can do a acrylic base with a 2 pac iso free clear over the top, thats what we did with Teddy's KE70.. (base must be dry before you apply the 2 pac).

Maybe thats where i went wrong i was doing acrylic base with 2 PAC color on both projects, i really was having more success with plain old acrylic. In the past i have had some issues with shrinkage I was told to use high-fill two PAC undercoat then acrylic topcoat for my next project What do you think? The Hudson is a total aluminum body as well.

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a painter but not a car painter. I'm forever ringing up my panel beater for questions about painting. He told me to paint any rusted surfaces with Acrylic Etch Primer then two pack undercoat on everything followed by all other coatings with 2 pack. If you go to any auto paint shop, (ie. sells paint). Ask them for info, if you buy paint of them they will be happy to give advice.

Edit. Oh yeah, nice old car! he he.

Edited by Johno

ok our process at work... we have done painting for holdens..

2 high fill primer. yes use acrylic etch first for rusted areas.

then acrylic base coat colour now acylic is soft and not hardy.. so use a 2 pack clear over the top.

Thanks for the help Everyone I really Appreciate

Is high fill two PAC primer OK on aluminum