Interceptors

Mybowlcut

Hey.

I was wondering about interceptor rims...

7a66_12.JPG

This site says that commodores have 12cm pcd... the FAQ says KE70s have 114.3... I like the look of these wheels and if I remember correctly I think I've seen a ke30 or something sitting on them... it was the one for sale that was pictured next to the Harbour bridge... So what's the go? Do any rims exist that look like these that will fit on a KE70?

Cheers.

Members dont see this ad

Go to the wreckers and look in boots of R31s and Pintaras for the steelies. Skylines will be 15", Pintaras 14". You'll need to space the Skyline 15s out about 10-20mm, as they hit the brakes on a stock KE3x/5x/7x. I've never tried Pintara wheels.

Pictures here: http://wiki.datsun1200.com/index.php/Wheel

You can also get steelies made up, with any size band (width) and center (PCD) you like. Call a drag racing engineering place, look in Street Machine magazine for ads. They won't be cheap though, you could buy 15" mags for less.

Edited by Super Jamie

Go to the wreckers and look in boots of R31s and Pintaras for the steelies. Skylines will be 15", Pintaras 14". You'll need to space the Skyline 15s out about 10-20mm, as they hit the brakes on a stock KE3x/5x/7x. I've never tried Pintara wheels.

Pictures here: http://wiki.datsun1200.com/index.php/Wheel

You can also get steelies made up, with any size band (width) and center (PCD) you like. Call a drag racing engineering place, look in Street Machine magazine for ads. They won't be cheap though, you could buy 15" mags for less.

Cheers for that info, Jamie! :bash:

Do you mean with wheel spacers? What's the deal with them (how much/where from/legal)? I've only read about them..

Cheers!

also some saab rims came out with a 4x114.4 PCD and only need a 8mm spacer on the front and no spacer on the rear with 195/50 tyres

so if you like the rims on my car start the local saab wreckers

Woops only just saw your post haha.

For some reason I can't see any of your wheels, only your interior pics?

Cheers.

wheel spacers that just sit between the hub and wheel are illegal in all states i know of

you can get bolt-on spacers engineered, but these are usually quite thick, you'd change the wheel offset so much you'd be better off looking for front wheel drive steelies, perhaps from a honda or excel or something

I saw the monetary value in the R31 Interceptor/Chaser/Pursuit rims and decided to exploit it about 12 months ago.

I searched the local wreckers whenver i was there and eventually got 2 sets (8 rims). Each wheel set me back $20 ($80 set) and I sold each set on ebay for $350 ($350 x 2 = Profit).

I have one in my backyard....awaiting 3 of its friends.

They are extremely rare, and even more sought after. Goodluck with the hunt if you decide to go that path.

Edited by kangaroosa