Ke10 Ca18det

Ke10-Hoon

Don't you have eyes reversed in the rear leaf springs?, so woudn't that make it lower?

Have you got to try out the mt radials yet:)?

I Have to keep coming back to look at this project, has so many ideas and is a well thought through project

with a good balance of everything..top stuff

cheers

darren

Thanks mate, allot of late nights where spent on this car.

Yes the eyes are reversed but I told the spring shop to maintain the standard height. Reversing the eyes gives you allot more stiffness in the leafs (less wind up of the leaf). I wouldn't have done this but it seemed like a possible solution to stop the tramping. What I should have done was get the dam cal-track install ASAP. Would have save me allot of cash as well.

MT tires I found are a little loose on the street, not in grip wise but I think the sidewalls are soft and designed for maximum grip and not for any circuit type of use. When cornering it almost feels like the car sliding out. Its on 32psi, may be with more tire pressure this will solve the problem. Wasn't running them at powercruise.

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will take her down the quarter mile for the first time, that will really test the MT tires out...

cheers,

Vlad.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate, allot of late nights where spent on this car.

Yes the eyes are reversed but I told the spring shop to maintain the standard height. Reversing the eyes gives you allot more stiffness in the leafs (less wind up of the leaf). I wouldn't have done this but it seemed like a possible solution to stop the tramping. What I should have done was get the dam cal-track install ASAP. Would have save me allot of cash as well.

MT tires I found are a little loose on the street, not in grip wise but I think the sidewalls are soft and designed for maximum grip and not for any circuit type of use. When cornering it almost feels like the car sliding out. Its on 32psi, may be with more tire pressure this will solve the problem. Wasn't running them at powercruise.

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will take her down the quarter mile for the first time, that will really test the MT tires out...

cheers,

Vlad.

I had the mt's on my skyline, they work best around the 15psi mark, i always just left them there,

but yeh they ain't meant for cornering fast, but they ain't bad for what they do.

Thanks for the advice

cheers

darren

Hey Man,

Thought I would jump in and finally check out your thread - I went on a Rad Rollaz cruise a few months ago when I was down in Sydney hoping to check out your car, but you weren't on that particular cruise.

It's a mad looking little ride dude, and has some great planning and ideas. It's great inspiration for a few hurdles I still have to get over with mine.

I am currently looking at my brake setup, and am considering either a Willwood or a Tilton pedal setup, but was concerned about not having much space under the dash..

Are you running the Tilton master cylinders or generic master cylinders?

Any chance of some more pics of the actual pedal/master cylinder setup?

Would be much appreciated..

Cheers

Davros

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I was after some help with deciding what to do next with my KE10. First a little update.

I added an custom overflow bottle & turbosmart blow-off valve and took her down the 1/4 mile.

It ran a 13.1 @ 101mph on MT streets. I even got a wheel stand out of her.

I'm at a point with the car where I don’t know what to do next. I was thinking of bigger turbo, after market computer, larger injectors and maybe a rebuild. Or I could also give her a respray & interior. The worst thing to come to mind is to sell my pride n joy.

There is really three choices here. 1) work the motor 2) looks department 3) sell

I know, I know do both 1 & 2 options. I'm after constructive ideas not 'yeah do the motor go hard'. I'm genually stuck. I always wanted an 11sec car (or better) but the money put to achieve this could go to towards a nice paint job/interior. I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

post-5462-1242534563_thumb.jpg

post-5462-1242534776_thumb.jpg

First thing that comes to mind for me when I look at your car is wheels.

Make it look good first that way the car would be worth a lot more anyway.

You could go a cool metallic paint job and fashionable wheels

Or….

Something like this. (notice the standardish ride hight).

post-5552-1242546563_thumb.jpg

post-5552-1242546646_thumb.jpg

post-5552-1242546667_thumb.jpg

First thing that comes to mind for me when I look at your car is wheels.

Make it look good first that way the car would be worth a lot more anyway.

You could go a cool metallic paint job and fashionable wheels

Or….

Something like this. (notice the standardish ride hight).

Holy crap that's a sweet Rolla in the previous pics.

I agree. Go down the looks road. You'll respect your car a lot more when it looks good. I remember when I used to hate my KE70

when it had its stocko rims. It looked as if it could never look cool. Then I put some average rims on it and now it's the coolest car

in the driveway! :)

Vlad,

Dude thats sweet that you have got the beast on the track..

And its pretty predictable what I will say here in regard to moving forward.... Looks!

I think if you got it painted, sweet interior upholstery and engine detailing (which you can do yourself with a decent grinder and buff wheel) its going to be an absolute weapon.

I like the chasers, but whitewalls would be nice or alloy rims - it all depends on the look you want.

I have found with my car that it can be really tedious to try and make everything perfect, but I keep imagining the time I get the car all together, running and looking sweet.. I can't wait.

Then once its all sorted in terms of looks, you can then pull more power out..

My two cents.. If you ever want any polishing tips, shoot me a PM.!

Good luck and keep us updated. I have decided when my car is finished Ill drive it down for a Rad Rollaz cruise..

Davros

Engine bolt ons/upgrades + a set of nice wheels will be alot of easier than a complete teardown for a cosmetic overhaul i.e. respray and interior.

if you have the time and patience do the looks but hey make sure it all gets attention.. engine too! :)

awesome looking car, nice fitment of the ca18 also, looks pretty snug in there!

I'm also interested in having a closer look at your brake/pedal box setup as I'm considering doing this to my ke26 due to space issues. also a pic of your brake booster setup would be handy :).

cheers.

hey mate, love this rig already, wouldnt change a thing

but, in regards to your question, if it were my car I would be going down the interior/paintjob/rims road.

you have already achieved a ridiculous engine bay setup with great power to weight.

:)

arran

Edited by 36panvan

paint is the very last step I'd go. Gotta have the right wheels & stance, and comfortable driving/draggin at its final power level(I'd hate more to scrape fresh paint).

11s should be easily attainable. I'd reckon KE10 weigh around same as a rwd KP starlet.

My starlet is a near duplicate of a ca18det powered one close by that ETs 11.1sec;

t3/t4 @16-17psi, unopened 18 yr old motor, microtec

my kp looks like total sh1t. It(or we) has to earn its paint job. Feels better beating up on expensive shinney cars too

yours already looks 'decent' to me and its off to a good start.