March 25, 200917 yr comment_331140 Hey guys, Just a thought, Whats everybodys opinions on fitting a 2L pinto engine out of an escort into a ke 20/30? I drove a MkII esky ghia for a few days with a 2L and aside from being auto it went pretty good. Id say 20's and 30's would possibly be lighter than the escorts. Anybody else had an idea like this? Report
March 25, 200917 yr comment_331148 Nice and reliable and the good part, its crossflow. Would make a neat little conversion too, considering Escorts were a big part of Ford's rally history. Report
March 25, 200917 yr comment_331165 the low cost of the conversion is the only thing I can think of as being redeaming in this conversion idea. I think no pinto engine would ever live up to a smallport 4age Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331288 Good reliable little engine, easy to get a bit of extra grunt out of too. Good idea for a budget conversion IMO, not too big, easy fit, and carby. Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331356 the low cost of the conversion is the only thing I can think of as being redeaming in this conversion idea. I think no pinto engine would ever live up to a smallport 4age I come from oldschool english/german car backgrounds. and it's all about the benjamins. Bmw and Ford 1.8 / 2 litre engine's go with the right work. Ford 2 litres are cheaper to get the power out of. But bmw's have more cross flow when running a turbo. My step dads mk 1 was pulling 170 atw hp with a 2 litre in it. His bmw motor has 200 at the fly wheel, and that's porting .45 webbers and extractors. I've seen them turbo'ed and customt win cam heads go upto 900 atw. Edited March 26, 200917 yr by skitz_one Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331357 unfortunately i am getting used to this forum and hit post twice and can't work out how to delete a post. my bad. Edited March 26, 200917 yr by skitz_one Report
March 26, 200917 yr Author comment_331382 the low cost of the conversion is the only thing I can think of as being redeaming in this conversion idea. I think no pinto engine would ever live up to a smallport 4age Thats the point, its not a 4AGE. :) I found one on ebay for like 150. so really looking for one should cost the same as a 4 or even 5k with the advantage of being a 2L crossflow. I'm not a big fan of Fords but a swap like this would be good bang for buck. Damn thinking has brought the SC i have into the equation :( Edited March 26, 200917 yr by SLO-030 Report
March 26, 200917 yr Author comment_331406 Thats what my brains come to :( Arrggh. seems like a good conversion but i wanna do this ME38, shells coming mid april :) Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333931 yeah do it man,i havent seen a 1600twin cam that would touch any 2L i got.No computer,no pumps more revs.Any turbo or sc upgrades on 2L s will work a treat. Report
April 4, 200917 yr Author comment_334026 that throws the cheap factor out the window. i dotn wanna 4AGE and a cossy is pretty much a 2L 4age. Report
April 4, 200917 yr Author comment_334042 that throws the cheap factor out the window. i dotn wanna 4AGE and a cossy is pretty much a 2L 4age. Report
April 4, 200917 yr comment_334151 I think he was implying that the Cosworth came first, and the 4AGE was based off it, therefore the 4AGE is a 1.6L Cossy. Other way around implies that the 4A came first, which it didn't. Although actually, the 4A is supposedly based off the BDA (Belt-Driven A-series, which is based off the Kent), which is a 1.6L. The Cossy most people refer to is the 2.0L YB, which is based off the Pinto anyway. Edited April 4, 200917 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now