March 26, 200917 yr comment_331478 Hey poeple.. I'm just wanting to hear from KE25 folk that have TE27 flares on their um KE25.. I'd doubt there would be many.. I am running a T18 diff under the back end and the rims stick out the guards 60mm, 15x8-9 challengers, 195x50. Now I'm in two minds as the fit either TE27 flares or cut up some KE70 guards and weld 'em on.. so basicly what I'm asking is how big are TE27 flares and whats the general concensus of me fitting up ke70 flares?? The only reason I'm not using another diff and cutting it down is because i already have a 2way fitted to the T18 and no I'm not going to get thinner rims.. Cheers..Richie. just for a general idea.. Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331484 I don't think they're that big. I'm fitting some to mine ATM so I'll try and get some photos tomorrow for you. R Report
March 26, 200917 yr comment_331549 I have some Meridian Motor Sport flares on my '55, which are only the small 1" version. They also come in 2"and 3" for the genuine SLR look! :) So covering the wheels won't be a problem. :( Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331610 flares for te27: te27 metal te27 reproduction fibreglass meridian motorsport type generic ebay old skool jap ones these are all from 1 inch to 2 inch i have the te27 reproduction fibreglass ones and they are a perfect fit on the ke25, fronts are 1.5, rears are 1.75 i think. also.... if the wheels stick out you need a flare aesthetically for looks, but when the wheel travels upwards with the suspension its going to hit the wheel arch because the wheel sticks out past the body. this is the biggest problem, on the fronts you can chop it out easily or flare it out as its a single skin of metal but on the rears its more complex as its double skinned and would need some fabrication work. if you leave the arches in then which some people do you would have about an inch of travel before the tyre hits the arch on a lowered car, some people will really stiffen up suspension to avoid this buts its not the proper solution. just checking you have sussed this out :( Edited March 27, 200917 yr by styler Report
March 27, 200917 yr Author comment_331638 Yeah the rear wheels will be making love to the guards when its dropped as i am running 15 inch wheels..so they will be cut out and i just wanted to know if the TE27 flares will be big enough but they will need to be at least 3 inches, Redwarf if you could measure them up and slap up a few piccies for us that would be sweet.. Taz-rx, do you have any links for those 3 inch flares you speak of?? i had a look at http://www.mmsport.com.au/ but can't find any listings.. Styler- where did you source your flares from?? locally or o/s, also what rims/diff you sporting?? Cheers guys..Richie.. Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331642 Yeah the rear wheels will be making love to the guards when its dropped as i am running 15 inch wheels..so they will be cut out and i just wanted to know if the TE27 flares will be big enough but they will need to be at least 3 inches, Redwarf if you could measure them up and slap up a few piccies for us that would be sweet.. Taz-rx, do you have any links for those 3 inch flares you speak of?? i had a look at http://www.mmsport.com.au/ but can't find any listings.. Styler- where did you source your flares from?? locally or o/s, also what rims/diff you sporting?? Cheers guys..Richie.. since you found the MMS website, search it for their phone number and call them. as weird as it sounds, not all the info in the world exists on the net.....who'da thunk it??! there are te27 flares on ebay, these are fibreglass copies. original te27 flares are metal and will set you back several hundred dollars just to buy (if you can find some) Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331645 Yeah they're not listed. Call them and they'll know what you're on about though. :( Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331729 Styler, where exactly did you get yours from. I have spoken to one of the Euro guys, who was very disappointed with his Thai ebay items. At some stage I need to get some for my KE25. Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331741 I got mine from Meridian, and I'm reasonably happy with them. Only very minor adjustments required. Report
March 27, 200917 yr comment_331841 ill see if i can find a listing, they appear on ebay on occasion... Report
March 30, 200917 yr comment_332432 check the US ebay. there is a guy on there that has copied his original TE27 metal flares and they a shitload better than the thai ones. they are the ones i will be getting. can anyone put up a pic of their flared KE25?? styler?? Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_332871 check the US ebay. there is a guy on there that has copied his original TE27 metal flares and they a shitload better than the thai ones. they are the ones i will be getting. can anyone put up a pic of their flared KE25?? styler?? They're the flares I have and can vouch for the quality being top notch. No pics on my car as of yet, but should do in the next few months when I'm out of debt and starting to focus on the bodywork :wink: Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333151 raven, do you have a TE27 instrument cluster?? i have vague memorys of someone on rollaclub getting a TE27 instrument cluster. that is also on my list of things to buy. and the proper tail lights. are you going to cut your guards?? I don't particularly want to touch the rear but if i have to ill cut the front guards Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333167 yeah, raven has a te27 cluster (possibly 2 i can't rember) i also have one in my 20 Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333190 raven, do you have a TE27 instrument cluster?? i have vague memorys of someone on rollaclub getting a TE27 instrument cluster. that is also on my list of things to buy. and the proper tail lights. are you going to cut your guards?? I don't particularly want to touch the rear but if i have to ill cut the front guards In my experience, you have to cut both front and rear gaurds to make them fit. The rears are a double skin, so new sections have to be added. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now