Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Found this pic on the net during my searchings. Thanks to the owner for the pic!!

 

Some inspiration for my rocker cover I think. I still would like to run the front timing and water pump covers though. Have to find out whether the crinkle coat stuff is ok on plastic.

post-7149-1239260292_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 212
  • Views 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got the crinkle shit on my cam covers, i did mine red and they look pretty sweet, i just did a base coat of red then crinkle over that, make sure you bake it in the oven too

  • Author

Made some big progress over the weekend.

 

Engine is now in and completed the install of my manual pedal box which was half done previously.

 

I left my camera at work so no progress pics but I will take some pics tonight of the engine in the bay. Was an epic long weekend of working on the car though, so so happy right now :hammer:

 

Still a fair few little things to do, but will do them over the next week or so, then just need to get an exhaust made and send it to a tuner to be wired and tuned. Getting close now :y: :y:

 

EDIT: Car is booked to be wired and tuned next week. Far out I have some work to do between now and then.

Edited by LukeAE71

Made some big progress over the weekend.

 

Engine is now in and completed the install of my manual pedal box which was half done previously.

 

I left my camera at work so no progress pics but I will take some pics tonight of the engine in the bay. Was an epic long weekend of working on the car though, so so happy right now :hammer:

 

Still a fair few little things to do, but will do them over the next week or so, then just need to get an exhaust made and send it to a tuner to be wired and tuned. Getting close now :y: :y:

 

 

Sounds like its all going well. Its gonna be a weapon.

 

Youll have to tell us how it runs on the Microtech. Ive not used one on a TPS tune, and Ive heard they don't do it that well. Myths were meant to be broken I guess.

 

I really like this car. Good to see it all come together.

  • Author
Sounds like its all going well. Its gonna be a weapon.

 

Youll have to tell us how it runs on the Microtech. Ive not used one on a TPS tune, and Ive heard they don't do it that well. Myths were meant to be broken I guess.

 

I really like this car. Good to see it all come together.

 

Thanks Matt. I just read your write up on the conversion, I could have done with that a few weeks ago :y: It will still help me out with a few technical things I have to complete.

 

Thanks for the tip on the KE70 throttle cable, couldn't believe how easy it was to change and it fits perfectly :hammer:

its coming along pretty quik, gonna be one hell of a weapon :hammer: :y: can't wait to see it in

person..

  • Author
its coming along pretty quik, gonna be one hell of a weapon :y: :y: can't wait to see it in

person..

 

It might seem like it is coming along quick but I have been gathering parts for the best part of the last three months. The car has been off the road since two days before Christmas, so nearly four months.

 

I didn't want to start a thread until I had some progress as I didn't know that it would all come together as I had planned. So far it seems to be going as planned so I am pumped about it.

 

I took a heap of pics of it last night and this morning but then left my camera at home to upload the pics. I will remember it tomorrow :hammer: :P

good work mate!

about time we saw something!!

haha nice score on the 20v you've got yourself a 2nd gen silvertop! bit better flowing and dual throttle linkage!

 

i only got a 1st gen.. a bit rougher!

 

pending bay pics and drive!

  • Author

Some pics of it in the engine bay as promised

post-7149-1239925340_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925350_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925358_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925363_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925369_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925376_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925385_thumb.jpg

  • Author

How it looks on the outside at the moment and a pic of my dummy fitted dash unit.

post-7149-1239925540_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925547_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925552_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925574_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Interior pics, someone requested them

post-7149-1239925635_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925642_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239925652_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I can see three pedals hanging down there.... woot :jamie: Also pics of Microtech ECU for proof hehe

And some random progress pics

post-7149-1239925706_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926718_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926746_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926755_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926766_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926774_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926783_thumb.jpg

post-7149-1239926791_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeAE71

Looks sweet Luke, getting close now!

 

fuk stock springs are gay though hahah

 

Cheers, Ben.

looks the goods man should be good once you get it running bud that dizzy/cas is close to the firewall

  • Author
looks the goods man should be good once you get it running bud that dizzy/cas is close to the firewall

 

Yes it is close to the heater inlet, which is why you really can't run a heater with a 20 valve engine in there. I wanted to but at the end of the day I decided it was not worth it, I don't feel the cold much anyway. My wife does but she'll get over it.

 

The dizzy cover that I got is probably about 1cm from the heater inlet when you look at it in real life. There is no way you could run the original dizzy setup without some serious hammer time on the firewall.

 

I took those pics though to show just how close a 20 valve fits, there really isn't much room at all!!!

 

I do plan to run aircon though, but later once I have it all running I will attempt that. I do get hot in Summer and the aircon in this car was icy cool :jamie:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.