20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

Pretty sure that Littleredspirit had his pretty darn down pat for hills driving, thats why i suggested it :wink:

I just hope my setup will be able to handle hillclimbs and gymkhana and drift days.

We shall just have to wait and see :y:

Travis

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally the hills are at my back door so naturally suspension setup for hills driving is where my E7 is progressing. As much as id say thats whats Luke is aiming for as he is smack bang in the hills and country side.

Daily drives to work from there would be nice ;)

Matt, damn right I am in the hills and loving it.

Realistically I have had the car on the road now for two weeks. Good things will happen when money and time allows. After waiting six months, at the moment all I am doing is enjoying driving it :y:

Upper Sturt Road in the morning is going to be sweet with some suspension mods.

I don't know about everyone else but mortgage, house etc comes first and toys second. In the last week I have received about $1500 worth of bills for our house and investment property. There goes $1500 that could have gone somewhere on the Rolla.

Matt, I will come past your work on Saturday morning, hope your around so I can show you. I have to come past that way anyway so thought I would drop in :wink:

I have put in 6 kg front springs and 4.5 kg rear today. I do not have the money for coilovers yet and really they are only necessary if you want and need adjustability. I don't at this stage! I want to perform each mod at a time, assess what it does and gradually add to it.

I have given consideration to XT130 LCA's however the camber looks quite obvious from the front and I don't really want extra attention from the 5-0. I am curious as to why you have camber tops and XT130's? ;)

I have done this thing on a tight ass budget so all good things will come in time :wink:

So yes, I have done some of the things you said :y:

Thanks for the feedback and the tips mate :y:

Have you got yours on the road?? Would love to see it some time

I had the same feelings about xt130's before i put them in my old rolla, but to tell you the truth with 6 months of driving everywhere in the car, especially brisbane 5-0 hot spots, they really didn't pay any attention. Althought mine wasn't loud or anything like that, i really don't think it would have changed much as long as you keep it looking respectable. When you look at most mid 80s rwds, the are sporting about 1.5deg neg camber, when you see an e30 have a look at the camber they are running, xt130's give barely any camber compared to them :P

Matt, damn right I am in the hills and loving it.

Realistically I have had the car on the road now for two weeks. Good things will happen when money and time allows. After waiting six months, at the moment all I am doing is enjoying driving it :y:

Upper Sturt Road in the morning is going to be sweet with some suspension mods.

I don't know about everyone else but mortgage, house etc comes first and toys second. In the last week I have received about $1500 worth of bills for our house and investment property. There goes $1500 that could have gone somewhere on the Rolla.

Matt, I will come past your work on Saturday morning, hope your around so I can show you. I have to come past that way anyway so thought I would drop in :wink:

Yeh mortgage and bills dam thats been heavy these last few months and building projects lol thats another story haha.

Once the concrete floor is poured another week and the Blue AE71 will be getting some much needed attention.

Cool this sat your on.

I love only paying $50 bucks a week rent including food etc etc.

Leaves more for the corolla, Gonna finish all my cars next up is a jza70, then I can move out ;)

Travis

You can take your $50 and shove it :y: I'm joking mang!!

I had plenty of cars while I was living at home, I'm also nearly 10 years older than you Trav :wink:

I have put in 6 kg front springs and 4.5 kg rear today. I do not have the money for coilovers yet and really they are only necessary if you want and need adjustability. I don't at this stage! I want to perform each mod at a time, assess what it does and gradually add to it.

I have given consideration to XT130 LCA's however the camber looks quite obvious from the front and I don't really want extra attention from the 5-0. I am curious as to why you have camber tops and XT130's? :hmm:

I have done this thing on a tight ass budget so all good things will come in time :wink:

So yes, I have done some of the things you said :wink:

Thanks for the feedback and the tips mate :y:

Have you got yours on the road?? Would love to see it some time

Yeh the XT130's aswell as Camber tops give me my desired camber as Trav said. The camber from just the lca's isnt that noticable. Could easily go un noticed by the 5-0. I'm currently running -2 degrees cause every wheel aligner I have been to is retarded and thinks there maxed out but obviously doesnt know shit from clay when it comes to camber tops. Going to explain it to next person I get wheel alignment from.

And yeh my car is currently at the exhuast shop getting the exhaust done aswell as the surge tank neatened up, thermo wired up and few small other bits and pieces. Am really in need of a throttle cable to suit and the lines for the hydro clutch. Then should be able to drive. Will be at next drift prac and hopefully someone organises a cruise sometime soon.

Update - got new springs in and finally gave it a decent bath and got the camera out! It didn't turn out as low as I had hoped but I guess it still won't grab too much attention from 5-0, oh and it handles 10 x better :wink:

post-7149-1246922514_thumb.jpgpost-7149-1246922494_thumb.jpgpost-7149-1246922414_thumb.jpgpost-7149-1246922524_thumb.jpgpost-7149-1246922536_thumb.jpg

Please don't all say to lower it more, that will be it for now. Plan is to enjoy it as a daily/hills driver and eventually go all out with track days, etc. :wink:

post-7149-1246922385_thumb.jpg