Ke15 Sl Sprinter

silverra23

Hi all

I have been missing having a fun weekend car that I can take on cruises etc and have been keeping an eye out for something classic and preferably in original condition.

That search led me to this little gem. Its a 1969 KE15 SL Sprinter with just over 90,000km on the clock. Was owned by a 95 yo (!!!!) marine engineer, who hasn't driven it in the last 4 or 5 years, but up to then was his pride and joy.

I dealt with his daughters who wanted it to go to a loving home, and fortunately they decided I was the perfect second owner! They were apparently never allowed to drive it when they were growing up, it was his car and his car only!

it had a flat battery so it wouldn't start today, but I suspect she will fire up and run with out too much difficulty. Interior is very good - overrated dash top, that great sports steering wheel, plastic on the sunvisors. Drivers seat has tears along the seams, but that is easy enough to sort out and carpet is buggered. Interestingly it looks like its a two tone pattern carpet - I would love to see what it looked like new.

Exterior is very straight. Has a spot of rust in the drivers door and surface rust on the boot, roof and bonnet from where its been polished to an inch of its life. Bumpers are straight but need a rechrome and the tail lights are pretty faded (look for a wanted ad soon!)

Plans will be to tidy it up, get it registered again and driver her around. Repaint at some point I guess. Maybe some whitewalls, a bowls hat and a venetian to finish off the Grandpa Spec :hammer:

Here are some pics:

img1052medium.jpg

img1053medium.jpg

img1054medium.jpg

img1061medium.jpg

img1055medium.jpg

img1056medium.jpg

img1057medium.jpg

img1058medium.jpg

img1059medium.jpg

Edited by silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY NICE FIND :hammer: Jellous..lol even though I have one out side atm

So clean if you ever need help fixing it PM.

But one request can I get a close up picture of the top of the air box that has the K-B sticker on it? And a photo of the boot inside by any chance?

I also noticed you got a under dash shelf and tow ball all options and very nice.

and all 4 hub caps. Mate weld them to the rim there so rare and hard to find mine all fell off the original owner said and I just have one now :y:

Cheers

Cameron

Opening is under the air filter air goes up into like a dam particle separator then into the filter.

Does yours have 2 small filters or one large oval one?

Toyota had both on twin carbies mine is a big oval one on my sprinter.

Also as benzo suggested remove the tow bar...then I can buy it..LOL

Cam

Great find! Looks very original.

BTW, I'd leave the tow bar on and just remove the tongue. All leaf spring KE's have a saggy rear and and a reinforcing rail between the rear rails is quite noticeable for the handling of the car.

Under the air cleaner itself I think?

Very nice example of a KE15 you have there.

should look overrated with a good cut and polish, fix up the drivers seat, remove tow bar and just cruise.

Envious :hammer:

Cheers, Ben.