Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Underground Garage Projects

Featured Replies

hey all

 

I will try update this thread as I build my ke70, it's a racecar I intend to use in a class called special saloon and the rules is somewhat similar as the old gr.5

I once had an old thread but I want a fresh start as this no longer is a "track car"

 

dsc02010.jpg

dsc02006.jpg

 

I will use the 4A-GE blacktop, and for chassis I aim for lowest possible weight, I will try my best to be around 700kg included driver + fuel

 

engine is moved approx 20cm further to the rear, pedalbox and driver seat is also moved approx 20cm

and the car is lowered approx 20cm, roof height is 120cm ( stock 140cm )

 

right now the rolling chassis weight 386kg which I think is a bit to heavy so I'm currently drilling alot of holes to save some weight.. not much but everything helps

please note the bathroom weights for corner weighting the car..

Edited by David

  • Replies 100
  • Views 83.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • the topic name "ke70 racecar" is misleading as it's no longer only a ke70 project I'm working on :)   the newest car I've built is this '77 cressida, originally with 18R engine, now it got a 2JZ-GE

  • working on the TE71!:               dorifto wagon!:     KE70 racecar!:  

Posted Images

lol that awesome weighting it with bathroom scales

 

looks sweet as

I want your workshop!

 

Looks good so far. I can remember reading your old thread but that was a long time ago. Will be looking forward to updates :hmm:

Sweet looking ride, will be good to follow & see how it goes.

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this, what a wicked base to start with in a 2 door 70.

 

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing your progress :hmm:

looks good, you must of saved heaps of weight there are so many holes in it

  • Author
waiting for more pic ,bump .

 

LOL? this is not a salesthread or something you can bump like that, I don't build this car to entertain you

if you don't have something useful to say, don't say it

 

more pictures won't come before I've taken them, and that won't happen before I've done progress

Mate i just came a little it in my pants when i first saw the photos of you 2DR

 

*E7*........................................................

quick question are you bracing ne of the front quater area and pillars as such, or are you just hopeing that your roll cage will add stiffness

as wont having all those holes make the car more likely to flex

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
quick question are you bracing ne of the front quater area and pillars as such, or are you just hopeing that your roll cage will add stiffness

as wont having all those holes make the car more likely to flex

 

the rollcage is stiff enough to carry all the suspension pickups etc

 

drilling holes won't make the chassis very much weaker if you leave enough metal around the holes

 

I will make some more bracing around the front strut tops, probably a triangle out of 25x2mm piping or so

do you have a rough budget worked out for this car??? or a cost calcualtion so far? or is it build and buy as you go?

just interested... chaars

  • Author
do you have a rough budget worked out for this car??? or a cost calcualtion so far? or is it build and buy as you go?

just interested... chaars

 

I don't have a budget for this car, I simply use all I can afford

if I knew how much I've used ( or if someone else know) I might been put in a psychiatric hospital hehe

 

I've used well over a year so far and it won't be finished before April 2010

Edited by David

  • 4 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.