Underground Garage Projects

David

hey all

I will try update this thread as I build my ke70, it's a racecar I intend to use in a class called special saloon and the rules is somewhat similar as the old gr.5

I once had an old thread but I want a fresh start as this no longer is a "track car"

dsc02010.jpg

dsc02006.jpg

I will use the 4A-GE blacktop, and for chassis I aim for lowest possible weight, I will try my best to be around 700kg included driver + fuel

engine is moved approx 20cm further to the rear, pedalbox and driver seat is also moved approx 20cm

and the car is lowered approx 20cm, roof height is 120cm ( stock 140cm )

right now the rolling chassis weight 386kg which I think is a bit to heavy so I'm currently drilling alot of holes to save some weight.. not much but everything helps

please note the bathroom weights for corner weighting the car..

Edited by David

Members dont see this ad
waiting for more pic ,bump .

LOL? this is not a salesthread or something you can bump like that, I don't build this car to entertain you

if you don't have something useful to say, don't say it

more pictures won't come before I've taken them, and that won't happen before I've done progress

• 2 weeks later...
quick question are you bracing ne of the front quater area and pillars as such, or are you just hopeing that your roll cage will add stiffness

as wont having all those holes make the car more likely to flex

the rollcage is stiff enough to carry all the suspension pickups etc

drilling holes won't make the chassis very much weaker if you leave enough metal around the holes

I will make some more bracing around the front strut tops, probably a triangle out of 25x2mm piping or so

do you have a rough budget worked out for this car??? or a cost calcualtion so far? or is it build and buy as you go?

just interested... chaars

I don't have a budget for this car, I simply use all I can afford

if I knew how much I've used ( or if someone else know) I might been put in a psychiatric hospital hehe

I've used well over a year so far and it won't be finished before April 2010

Edited by David

• 4 weeks later...