Mark's Ke55 Rolla

project_KE55

Too small for what? 300hp, yes. A bit of fun with standard boost, no. I'm running 2 1/2 inch straight through on "slab" goes really nice.

So it will be fine? Because my mate has a mandrel bender and the biggest stuff his bender will do is 2 inch.

And he only wants $40 bucks plus materials to do it? :)

Thanks machg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines 2.5 aswell (tar).

If you can get a 2 inch system cheap then just go with it. 2" won't restict you too much until you're up over 15+psi.

Thanks Taz. the only reason i might swap the exhaust is because the one i've got on it at the moment sits fairly low (As you probably know) and it has to be at least a 10cm gap between the exhaust and road. Its about 8-9cm at the moment and i'm not sure if he'll let it past or not.

Today i started the rolla and there was an extra noise coming from the rocker cover.

This is what it was

The pushrod had fallen out of the rocker, she's all fixed now though.

Click on the pic to enlarge and you'll see it better.

post-8044-1255929310_thumb.jpg

Also the rocker cover gasket was ripped and torn, also leaking. So i'll buy one soon.

• 6 months later...

Okay, so its been a while since i've updated this thread..

The KE55 has been sitting out the back for a long time now with no engine in it.

I resprayed the body, tidied the interior. Its pretty much a complete car minus engine and rego.

So my question is, what is EVERYONES thoughts on what i should do to/with it?

I wanna get it going again but i want it to be a bit different to the average corolla

Cheers, Mark.. can't wait for everyones input....

• 2 weeks later...
4K, 5 speed, register it and come rally bashing with me! :D

Bloody good idea..

Although, i'm highly considering putting a 3.8L VN with a dogbox in the KE55

The engine, box, computer and loom will set me back $350 off a mate which i think is pretty good.

The actual conversion doesnt look too hard and i'm fairly handy with a welder so the engine mounts shouldnt bee too much of a problem..

These are all just ideas at the moment though....

• 8 months later...

Okay so I bought a 3.8 v6 with computer and loom for the rolla yesterday.

Doesn't have a gearbox at the moment though. Was thinking of either a Holden t5 or maybe a Toyota w58 with an modified bellhousing?

Probably a welded diff under it (won't be road registered)

Seam weld areas under most stress.

Might have a crack at making up some bracing for front end, behind front guards.

Take interia out except for front seats until I get sone racing seats and harnesses.

Most likely have to shorten the tailshaft.

Hopefully modify some commodore front struts to suit the corolla.

But first thing will be to take all of the unnecessary gear off the 3.8, may get the planum lasercut for more flow.

I'll get the engine sitting in the engine bay, make up some mounts and sit it in. Got a good mate that is an auto electrician by trade who is more than happy to wire it up for me.

Anyway if you have any tips, advice, comments or thoughts let me know!

Cheers everyone

Mark.

Got a set of VN struts tonight, haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

Got a TA22 celica rear end on the way from WA. Wouldn't mind finding a W58 gearbox but looked everywhere and can't find one.

If anyone has one or knows of one, don't hesitate to let me know

Cheers fellas

Mark.

• 1 month later...

I'm after a T5 commodore box and belhousing if anyone knows of any? The wrecker wants way too much for them..

Also if anyone believes it won't fit on the gearbox tunnel of the corolla, let me know.

I've tried finding a supra box and modified bellhousing but I can't get hold of 1 easily. If I do come across 1 they are really expensive.

Cheers guys