Parrot's Sprinter & Levin Shed

parrot

• 4 months later...
Members dont see this ad

There is some rust at the base of the B pillars, and also the pockets at the rear. Doesn't look to be too bad. Hopefully that's it other than the surface rust you mention. Remains to be seen what the rail is like under the battery tray though.

Car is still in japan so have to wait and see when it arrives. Good test for our friends at Import Monster, delivering a non rolling shell!

Not really. Easier yes. I picked up the KE25 long ago planning on sticking a spare 4AGE in it, before deciding to go with a 2TG instead. From there I started sourcing parts from Japan, Europe and the US. Crossmembers, pedal boxes, brake masters, looms, diffs, clusters, etc etc etc. Myriad small bits and pieces. Few 2TG's and T50's locally.

Then this came along. Didn't occur to me until I was chatting to TE278U recently that if I got the shell, I would have a complete actual TE27. Had a chat with Aaron at Import Monster, next thing you know, it's on the way. I already have everything to build a complete car, and the shell I had needed some work, so why not.

To bring in a complete car from Japan you would be looking at roughly $20,000.

Its car parts so quite easy to bring in I would have thought, especially since it is old and we can club rego them.

A very cool development Parrot. Importmonster shouldn't have too many dramas getting to to you - strap it to a pallet and can be picked up on a forklift easy as pie.

Yes it was. You and I often cross paths buying on the interwebs Tally! They had a zip file of detail photos of the car before it was parted out attached to each auction of bits from it and it looked OK, having a detailed look at each photo. The front seats sold for just over $1000 so can understand why they parted it out. Always interesting when you see another yos... as highest bidder, wondering who it is.

The actual shell cost $486. Remains to be seen what the final shipped cost ends up as.