Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Racecar Project

Featured Replies

  • Replies 242
  • Views 317.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bwahahahahaa......good one justin.... :)

 

what brand of steering wheel is that in the second picture.....looks like a

 

OCRAPS

 

trust me.....i laughed so friggen hard when i typed that in reverse.....almost on the floor stuff. :D

Edited by Xany

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

bought some oil now.. just have to check if it's good enough :)

 

engine: pennzoil performax 5w40 full synthetic

gearbox: Castrol SMX-S 75W/85 (API GL3-4)

diff: Castrol SAF-XJ 75W/140 (API GL5 LS)

 

I was reading the ae86 manual and it recommended GL4 or 5 75W-90 gearoil, but I bought 75W-85..

is that good enough or should I swap it for something better?

  • Author

I found out today someone tryed to steal my ke70,

destroyed the boot lock and on the passager door, stealed my cd player, K&N filter, laptop and subwoofer and tried to start the car without the key by connecting the wires on the ign-key thingy.. :)

they can't be really smart, they should know you can't start a car without fuel tank, radiator and ECU.. hehe

 

I get money for my stuff back on the insurance, but I'm still mad at these f@$kers!! and when I find them, I'm afriad I'm gonna spend alot of time in the prison for murder hehe

  • Author

hehe, I have already contacted the police and said what was stolen..

My insurance covers about 1500USD for stuff like cd player, sound system, laptop etc, but I don't know how much I will get yet.. and it takes some time before I get the money I guess..

I will think I will also get money to send the car away to get new locks etc because they don't work anymore, but I will just weld the holes and buy a central locking system which is a addon on my alarm

 

How much did you say 4 throttlebodyes and a aftermarket ECU would cost me? :)

Edited by David

  • Author

I have some prolems/questions..

what should I do about the throttle wire? the ke70 wire isn't long enough, and the ae86 wire has different mounts in the chassis.. swap only the wire and make new holes for it, or swap the whole wire,pedal etc?

what is the usual and best way to do this?

the 4age-alternator has builtin voltage regulator, how should I wire this? ( my old alternator has an external voltage regulator.. )

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

everything is not yet fixed, like handbrake etc.. but it's driveable, so I can get to/from work now :D

I had some problems with throttle cable, as there is a 'special' pedal linkage in ke70, but not ke20/ke55/ae86 etc..

 

ke70 pedal linkage :D

dsc00532.jpg

ae86 pedal linkage just pull the throttle cable out from the firewall, but ke70 does it sideways..

I solwed this problem by changing the whole pedal over, and make new holes in the firewall

 

exhaust crashed with the tailshaft, so we had to bend it alittle, about 2cm clearing now when the car is off ground and even more when it's on ground..

 

wiring diagram for the alternator was a tricky part, since my cables was with different color than my wiring diagram..

 

front suspension, rack&pinion, when I changed to the ae86 quaife quick ratio r&p I used the ke70 'steering wheel arm' and the shaft was to long, but I figured out that the part on the photo below has different lenghts.. so if you want to use ae86 steering rack on a ke70, you should also use the ae86 part of this:

dsc00519.jpg

 

that's the big problems that has come in my way of doing this engine conversion..

and I found out, ae86 gearbox crossmember doesn't fit ke70 with 4age and t50..

I had to use my old gearbox crossmember.. and I could only mount it with two bolts without drilling new holes..

I didn't care about stressing to get ae86 fuel lines etc to fit, so I just bought 5 metres of 10mm and 5 metres with 8mm of flexiable rubber lines that I mounted to the brake line..

 

Fuel tank sender doesn't work I think.. it's showing half full tank when I filled it full.. and it's abit strange.. so I just drive around with a spare can with 5litres of fuel :D

Edited by David

thats awsome dude love the rwd 4age

 

good stuff!!!!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.