Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheels For A Ke55 Sedan

Which wheel for my car? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Which wheel for my car?

    • 1
      60%
      15
    • 2
      40%
      10
    • 3
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
YEP - That wheel looks the best so far. I actually wanted something similar for my car, but couldnt get the right stud pattern.

You got anymore info on those wheels? I want to look into them further.

Well, I'm gonna make some calls tomorrow in the morning. If these one don't fit, I'll find something along these lines.

 

Coln, billet wheels were, and still are, a thought in my head for this car. As I have intentions of getting a custom grille made in billet, which may result in me going billet bumpers too, then it may be a consdieration worth taking into account.

 

The only downside about billets is the price per wheel is CRAZY! I'd rather get chrome for that price.... unless a good deal gets thrown at me, then who knows.

Edited by Tiger

  • Replies 127
  • Views 92.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
*EDIT* don't bother - I found them on Tempe Tyres.

BTW - I thought here in VIC, the biggest wheels you could go are 2" bigger diameter than standard. That means 15". The first wheels pictured are Concept 5 Silver 16 x 6.5. This wheel is available in the following offsets +20,+30,+38&+40.

We also make this wheels in shaddow chrome and full chrome.

I was always under the impression as long as you can get a profile on the tyre which will still keep in line with your speedo reading, then you're sweet. Which means my tyres wouldn't be cheap... maybe a 45 profile. I'd have to ring up up beaurepairs or tyremaster and ask em quickly what the story is there.

 

But if 15s is what I'm restricted to..... I ain't gonna be happy!

This is a link to Vicroads. It details what your car has to comply with to be roadworthy.

I originally read the requirements wrong.

 

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrnav....A256B5F007AE7F3

 

The overall diameter of any replacement rim and tyre must not be:

-more than 15mm greater than largest diameter tyre specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series; or

-more than 15mm less than the smallest diameter tyre specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series.

 

 

The width of any replacement rim must not be:

-more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series; or

-less than the width of the narrowest rim specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series

 

-Spacers between the wheel and hub are not permitted unless provided by the vehicle manufacturer as original equipment

 

Wheel nuts must engage the thread of the wheel stud for at least the same length as the original wheel nut and have the same taper as the mating wheel stud hole.

 

The stud pattern of the replacement wheel must be the same as the original. Re-drilling wheels, hubs, drums, discs or axle flanges is not permitted. Wheels with slotted stud holes are not permitted.

  • Author

Me needs to talk to a wheel joint tomorrow and just confirm the biggest size wheel I can get.

I've actually been offered a set of 15" Bluebird TRX rims which fit straight onto a rolla. (As they were on his KE30)

 

If that's the case and I'm restricted to 15s... then I may have to pay Dragway a visit. Make my car look "dragster style"! :thumbsup:

Yeah i don't mind them either. They even have the studs around the perimeter. :thumbsup: Ohh, and nice dish for all the dish fans.

  • Author

F90s.... they crossed my mind too.

Trust me!

 

I'm just emailing a few people now about seeing if I can get away with 16s on a lower profile rubber. Obviously this would have to be something I'd need to do AFTER I roadworthy the car... true?

Wow, the Simmons wheels are nice!

 

I like this the best (Disclaimer : Yes, I dislike 5 spoke rims but these are COOL)

 

F90lrg.jpg

Yup, you have my vote:D

Edited by Teddy

If its a show car, then it doesnt really matter if its legal sitting at a show. You could have your big diameter wheels for show and a smaller, but similar set for road use. With $4k worth of paint, I'm guessing road use would be minimal.

 

Also who is doing your paint? There is a guy in Ballarat who has supported me over the years which I like to throw some business to if possible. He is one of the old style of painter/panel beaters who will actually repair something instead of throwing new parts at it if it is possible. Also he has painted cars that have one awards in shows over the years.

 

Also painted parts of the Cenovis/Bannana Boat V8 supercar Falcon years ago.

  • Author

It will be a daily driver, as I'll be taking this thing on club cruises and the like, but it will be on show a few times, like for Autosalon, whether it will be for Car Audio Australia or if we can round one up for Vic.... Rollaclub.

 

I'm getting Polo Bodyworks in Huntingdale to spray it for me. I've seen many jobs from this guy and I wouldn't recommend anybody else IMO.

 

That ain't a bad idea, having the "daily driver" wheels on and having the "show" wheels in the garage..... hmmm [rubs chin and grins] sounds like a plan.

 

I still need to figure out what wheels I'm gonna get for everyday use then. I don't want stockies, I still want something nice :thumbsup:

 

Fussy dude, ain't I? hahahaha

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.