July 26, 200917 yr comment_361400 Well... I've bought myself a Ke35 Coupe. It's an auto. I've decided to make my own thread because I felt like I was Hi-Jacking Josh's Van thread. Plans: So far, to get it started and running, then Cut & Polish, and park it in the backyard. So far I don't have any plans, I still need to check the car inside out. The car has an Immaculate "Grandma Spec" Cream Vinyl Interior with 45,000kms on the clock. The car appears to be RUST FREE all round (that we know of). It has a Mild 5K and a full set of ORIGINAL Hub Caps. Now come the pics of the Car from Josh's thread. Interior pics will come soon. Cheers Woz :y: Edited October 5, 201114 yr by ewt Report
July 26, 200917 yr comment_361413 I like it a lot :y: Shame about the two speeed auto but ah well, can't have everything! Report
July 26, 200917 yr comment_361438 Haha, love the hubcaps. What're your plans for her short-term and long-term? Report
July 26, 200917 yr Author comment_361449 I like it a lot :) Shame about the two speeed auto but ah well, can't have everything! Hey it should be fun having a auto-go-nuts again ive been driving a manual commodre for two years and getting sick of changing gears Haha, love the hubcaps. What're your plans for her short-term and long-term? Cut polish, Good mags, and maybe a bigger engine. But till i get better weather its going into hibernation until further notice ( well until my wife says i can spend the dollars on it LOL ) Its gonna be hard jugling two projects I'm sure josh will still be busting my ass to work on his. oh and i pissed myself laughing when i found the hubbies in the boot and four ksev alloys- but can't complain the car cost me two slabs of VB cans and 80 bucks for the trailer. Interior pic with my other son being a tool and thinking he has scored a car too NOT !!! Cheers Woz Edited July 26, 200917 yr by ewt Report
July 26, 200917 yr comment_361469 WoW that interior looks sweet man. And so you know those hubcaps are the real deal. Rare find!! Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361547 WoW that interior looks sweet man. And so you know those hubcaps are the real deal. Rare find!! I know they are the real deal and here are some more inside pics. Cheers Woz Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361551 WOW! what a pick-up. Good luck with it mate - such a great idea that you didn't wreck it! Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361584 WOW! what a pick-up. Good luck with it mate - such a great idea that you didn't wreck it! Yeah i still can't believe it either but as i sit here in my office i just look and laugh Its amazing what is sitting there LOL woz Edited September 26, 200917 yr by ewt Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361638 This has a trip counter on the speedo..... Have never seen that before! My ke35 coupe and ke55 coupe haven't got one! :) top score aswell mate good luck with it! :) Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361694 This has a trip counter on the speedo..... Have never seen that before! My ke35 coupe and ke55 coupe haven't got one! :) top score aswell mate good luck with it! :) Thanks can't wait till saturday so i can get it in the shed and give it a good going over cheers woz Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361825 I'm pretty sure that all early KE35's got the trip meter. According to the book it was available for the others as an option. I'm pretty sure the late KE35's wouldn't have gotten them as they were made here in Oz. But then again Leigh's KE35 could have been messed with by someone. I have a pile of them and find they don't work properly. Plus who wants a trip meter speedo where the K's counter resets after 99,999km's? Report
July 28, 200917 yr Author comment_361975 Well... Got home early today and I couldn't wait till Saturday, So I put a Jerry Can in the engine bay and gave her a kick in the guts. STARTED FIRST SHOT !! It was bit loud without an Exhaust on it. Drove it into the shed and let it rest on a Jack. I also found out that this thing is RUST FREE !! I tell ya you could have kicked me in the nuts and I wouldn't have cared. I was happy as a kid in an adult book shop. So then I let the Jack down and went to put it outside, But I got carried away and went for a spin up and down the street. It goes like Shit Outta Shanghai. I can tell ya now, the Auto works like a treat. :) So... Things I need to fix: Exhaust FIXXED, Brakes (Has None) FIXXED, Tranny Leak FIXXED, and an FM Radio with a CD/MP3 Input and a Remote. Plans (Short Term) : As most of you would have read or seen on Josh's thread, I am going to spray under the car Chassis/Gloss Black with Rust Protection stuff. Underneath Pics of the Before and After will come when i do it. Well thats it for now. Cheers Woz :) Edited November 5, 200916 yr by ewt Report
July 28, 200917 yr comment_361977 So... Things I need to fix: FM Radio with a CD/MP3 Input and a Remote. I hope you're not thinking of cutting that original dash or console... :) please keep this car overrated. and all mods reversible. i love this car. -dave Report
July 28, 200917 yr comment_361981 Agreed. There are plenty of dash facias around that have either been pre-cut, or about to be cut. that way, as dave says, you can reverse it later on down the track if you have a change of heart. still, great to hear about the condition, and it running. nice pick-up Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now