Ms65 Cruiser

dfunkt

Well, after seeing an MS75 at Picnic at Hanging Rock earlier this year, and my partner falling in love with it, it has always been in the back of my mind that we would own an MS65 or MS75.

when Adam (silverra23) posted about a one owner MS65 for $500 ono, i knew this would be a great chance of bringing one into the family.

we (myself and Kate) drove out there together to check it out and after turning the key to hear it fire immediately, it was a no brainer. we left a deposit on it and drove back the 1 hour 30 mins home to count the days until we picked it up a week later (yesterday).

the drive back was trouble-free, not a thing went wrong (except for the guy driving a new civic who decided to merge when he was parallel with us, i discovered the horn works and is quite loud).

now, a bit about the car (from the gent we bought it off)

his dad purchased the car new back in 1975, and it was their primary car. when dad passed, it was converted to an auto so that his widow could drive the car. but being a base model, no power-steering meant it was much to hard for her, so it was parked away in the garage with about 74,500km on the engine and 50km on the 'new' auto.

it has a few little knocks and scrapes around the corners and along the passenger side, and some rust is starting to show along the lower edge of the rear screen, but that's all able to be easily remedied.

the interior is absolutely stunning (and i haven't taken any pics of this just yet). there's no splits in any of the seat bases or uprights, the dash is uncracked, the rear seat-top is still soft and showing no signs of hardening or sun damage, the rear carpets are like new and the fronts are looking a slight bit worn. the glovebox lid is showing signs of old age, the AM radio is not working and neither is the retractable aerial and the petrol flap badge/handle has broken off the studs (the studs are being glued back this week as i've delegated that job to dad).

it'll need a detail as their are many scratches from the bushes that lined the driveway, both down the side and along the roof, which again is easily taken care of.

i have a month long permit for RWC and rego purposes, to make sure i can get everything organised while still working 5 day weeks.

and enough words, here's some pics from after i brought it home (the last two covered in rain) and earlier today after a bath with my current ke20.

DSCF1034.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1032.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

dF

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dropped the car off on my way to work for a RWC, won't know until after lunch the outcome.

there was a 3 week wait with my regular mechanic/RWC shop. i'm hoping this other place is just as kind. i've been there a few times seeking qualification on vehicle standards and regulations, and they were extremely helpful and switched on then, so i haven't got too many fingers and toes crossed.

I reckon you'll be right. They will be too busy admiring it to pick on anything. I reckon general appearance is really important when going for roadworthies, and this thing looks fantastic up close.

How did the brakes go on the way home.

Looks really impressive when the brake lights come on - sort of "America, F@#K yeah!'

I reckon you'll be right. They will be too busy admiring it to pick on anything. I reckon general appearance is really important when going for roadworthies, and this thing looks fantastic up close.

How did the brakes go on the way home.

Looks really impressive when the brake lights come on - sort of "America, F@#K yeah!'

one of the fronts is a little squealy, and it locks the right rear under HARD braking. else, i couldn't fault the long, slow, underpowered car/drive home.

and i'm yet to see what the taillights look like when activated, as i've been the one in the drivers seat everytime ;) ;)

haha....funny you should say that. i had to adjust the seat and mirror when i got in this morning as she was the last to drive it.

she took our housemate for a drive sunday night around 9:30, went to the shops and parked miles from the entrance.

a dude in a ford maverick with trailer decides to park right next to her.....bloody tosser. luckily he didn't damage the crown.

it's been blocked in every night by either the 55 or the housemate's magna. it should be in the carport, but the 20's there awaiting work before i sell it.