Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Love Ke70's Hks 1g 2 Door Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Yeah, I'm happy enough with how the 15's look, just don't wanna go to the 16 that would let me fit a brake setup much easier.

with the 15 I can easily run a 280 disc, but i want to run closer to a 300, which means I need the rims before I can finalise anything, which is a bit annoying. basically snot, its all going to be custom with a custom hat.

 

at the moment I'm tossing up between te37's

http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?d=90

 

and these meshies

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26586&d=1345101447

  • Replies 273
  • Views 385.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • theres those pics you have been waiting for, maybe if i get my christmas shopping done in time ill change the oil and drain the water and see if i can get it to start BHG and all, see what it does. ca

  • sometimes i gotta draw the line between being greek and a apprentice mechanic

  • Thats what she said...

Posted Images

Can't wrong with TE37's

Can't go wrong with either, really.

Nothing wrong with 16's

 

post-1373-0-72435300-1354091509_thumb.jpg

^word!

Picatures?

 

Edited by GJM85

  • Author

picatures of?

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

SO,

I bought wades old rims for street duties,

IMG_2307_zps8c5abbf1.jpg

 

more photos here:

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/arowland2/media/wades%20wheels%20now%20mine/IMG_2307_zps8c5abbf1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

 

  • 2 rims are 15x8,-10 offset these are fitted with 195/50R15 Marshal with plenty of tread
  • 2 rims are 15x8.5 -17 offset this are fitted with 195/50R15 Duruns with plenty of tread

 

And I am still waiting to here back from Rays about details on the TE37's I am looking at which I will use for circuit.

 

Under the rims I have bought I can fit a 299 rotor with a ZR34 caliper from Performance Friction. They make some cool shit.

http://www.pfcbrakes.com.au/products.php?pageId=43

was going to reuse the old calipers off the alfa diff for the rear, but they seem to be 9 parts ʞ©$ɟed, So i might bite the bullet and go good shit all round first up.

 

Suspension, looking into S13 hub with MCA suspension

http://mcasuspension.com/red-series/

dealing with MCA to supply suspension, I like the look of the red although not sold on the single adjuster, 2 way would be nicer, but i question whether I will need it or not??

 

Ken at accurate suspensions is going to set the car up, I have the whole front end out of a S13 here, and we will throw that in and decide if its what we want, or what we are going to do.

At the same time I will get him to mount the new rack I have bought, to do away with the wobbly old steering box, I have purchased an AW11 rack out of the states, which is the same as an AE86, Elvin, the guy who helped me out so much importing the car has sourced the rack and is going to post to me, and I have ordered a quiafe quick rack out of Palmside.co.nz as they were able to match prices with a British supplier.

 

So that should get the front end out of bumpsteer territory and nasty kingpin angles etc, if it doesnt I will decide on something different. I have done away with the power steer thoughts at the moment, Just see how it goes first.

 

Tonight I actually moved the car into the shed, pulled the axles out with the aim of getting the wheels and axles re drilled to suit the 4 x 114.3, as the rear at the moment is currently 4 x 108. Hopefully it can be done. I will be bummed if it can't. I'm sure someone will be able to do it though, then the wheels I have bought will actually fit front and rear.

 

I have also ordered a bunch of seals etc from ebay, and got my glass back from PGI after it being lost for 2 years. as it turns out they can't remake it for me, but owell, at least I'm back where I started.

I have a lead on a dude in philipines, malaysia, indo? somewhere in that region who recreates vehicle rubbers, so I am going to approach him about doing new seals for the pop out glass, as I can't find it anywhere, and I'm not the first person to not be able to find it.

 

The car is also booked in to have cage finished, seat and pedal box mounted etc etc in june, so all the suspension, steering and braking needs to be sorted before then.

 

Might actually make some progress soon hey!

 

2013-04-14175802_zps4eb68b77.jpg

 

all input appreciated guys, on any of the things I am doing.

 

Cheers, Andy :)

Good shit Andy

I've found in the past that Palmside has very reasonable pricing on quaife stuff also.

 

Sounds exciting, although I'm not a fan of s13 suspension in a Toyota as most people end up finding that the negatives outweigh the positives. Ke70 Dave has a lot of experience with it.

 

Great to see another long term builder still at it.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Great to see an update! The axles and drums will be no problem to be redrilled to 114.3, not too sure about the wheels. Ncop is officially in as of april 30th, it clearly states In there no 6 point cages, but also that even a 4 point cannot need a seating capacity change. Hope you have that sorted. good to see so much stuff has still been happening with this thing, looks like you're getting through the parts required list.

Yes and no I thought the bad outweighed the good personally. no more 6 point cages, no more turbo v8s (pretty much). But on the other hand new 800kg to 1100kg weight to cc category and extensive underbody mods now able to be certified.

  • Author

mmm, the cage thing is interesting, NCOP has been officially in a couple of times. I will touch base with the engineer though, I have a feeling back dating paperwork, and I might make a payment before NCOP date for finalisation of cage etc etc, so we can say it was done just not engineered. Have a feeling will be a bit like P plate laws, if you already owned it, its do-able. But I will find out, if not I may be ʞ©$ɟed.

Its already a 2 seater so no seating capacity mod needed.

 

I did have a brief discussion with Dave about it and read some of his views, I often question why it doesnt work, I don't expect it to be a bolt in setup, its more a way of getting a better hub and stub axle setup in there, as the toyota ones are none so strong, I'm hoping by setting rack up to suit suspension, or atleast doing it simultaneously, and doing what we have to do to get the geometry right, it should work.

 

IF not, I guess I'll be looking again...

 

all my gear from thailand arrived today, yet to open box.

 

Taking axles and wheels to Geoff England Engineering tomorrow, wheels shouldnt be an issue being steel POS, really only redrilling them to make them sellable, he said axles and discs should be sweet to do. I'm assuming I'm going to have to pull bearings off, which is a shame as they havnt been driven on, should have changed pattern before I rebuilt the diff :(

How can they disregard turbo v8s?

Edited by Trev

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.