Love Ke70's Hks 1g 2 Door Ke70

love ke70

Members dont see this ad

Gonna be funny when you go to snap 2nd and pull the window winder off :P

ahahahahah

i lol'd

after my earlier update i pulled the rocker cover off and found this

DSCN0833.jpg

how long do you think its been sitting to get that rusty?

I'm impressed its running at all, let alone how well it is, starts to get lumpy as it gets hot, but not that bad, might just need a tune up.

with the rocker cover off i undid the head bolts and retightened them, hoping to cure the reported BHG.

i decided i might aswell do the valve clearances while i was there, just to check them, and lucky i did.

after tightening the head, its pulled it down so far, i think i only found 2 valves that would rock, the rest i had to wind out just to get tension off the spring to set the clearance,think the head was a bit loose :huh:

interesting thing was the compression reading, i took them before doing the head bolts and after doing the head bolts and valve clearances

CYL ....Before.....After

1 ... 180 ........185

2 ... 190 ........190

3 ... 200 ........190

4 ... 190 ........185

fairly good compression i thought :)

still undecided whether to whip the head off or risk and see how i go, I'm thinking tomorrow i might just focus on cleaning it up, bleeding the brakes, and seeing if it will move etc, just get it neat and ready for roadie, and if it holds together til then, ill see if they pick it. hopefully they will be a bit lenient as i am keeping it, not selling it.

cheers, andy

oh and so i don't forget, the heater tap doo-daa is leaking, so i must swap that :)

also excited by the adjustable intermittant wipers, and an extra thingy on that lever that twists either way, but i ahvnt worked out what it does yet :P

Flux capacitor activator?

If it is, he already (in the future) would of travelled back to the 80's, imported a bunch of 2 door 70's and stored them in a shed, travelled back to now, and started selling them to us.

Or is that why this has been SITTING FOR SO LONG????

We are onto you.....

And yeah I realise the paradox, but multiple universe/string theory blah blah blah

Edited by blzbub666

still undecided whether to whip the head off or risk and see how i go, I'm thinking tomorrow i might just focus on cleaning it up, bleeding the brakes, and seeing if it will move etc, just get it neat and ready for roadie, and if it holds together til then, ill see if they pick it. hopefully they will be a bit lenient as i am keeping it, not selling it.

cheers, andy

Rip it off, clean the head up, clean the block surface and throw it back together (with a new gasket for you noobs).

you forgot to mention skim the head :P

i will consider it, but avoid it if i can, i could do it in a day if i fail a road worthy because of it, so I'm game to try my luck :rolls:

and yeah, it turns either way but springs back, not the adjustment for the variable intermittant, ill take a pic.

almost like a rear wiper or something, but obviously isnt...

if i had of imported a bunch of these at an early date, do you think i would have built the first one as a four door, then tried to convert a 4 door, then spent 15months bringing in this thing :lolcry:

you forgot to mention skim the head :P

i will consider it, but avoid it if i can, i could do it in a day if i fail a road worthy because of it, so I'm game to try my luck :rolls:

and yeah, it turns either way but springs back, not the adjustment for the variable intermittant, ill take a pic.

almost like a rear wiper or something, but obviously isnt...

if i had of imported a bunch of these at an early date, do you think i would have built the first one as a four door, then tried to convert a 4 door, then spent 15months bringing in this thing :lolcry:

Only need to skim the head if it is warped, best thing to do is to scrape the gasket and then hit the surface with a scotch brite wizzer pad to clean the rest of the surface and then measure it.

Edited by Trev

yeah man, where u stayin at?

always got some beer in the fridge if you wanna come round and chat some shit :) I'm on holidays til the 5th and havnt got too many plans, depends if the missus drags me outta the house, but I'm sure therell be some time for a chat, would be good to meet ya :)

Staying at a backpackers hostel :D not sure which one yet (mate booked it)

PM me your mobile and ill text you when I'm in town.

Adam

Only need to skim the head if it is warped, best thing to do is to scrape the gasket and then hit the surface with a scotch brite wizzer pad to clean the rest of the surface and then measure it.

sorry mr trev i have to disagree with you on that one.

lets face it, why are you pulling the head? cause its got a blown headgasket. its prob cooked it therefor warping it and a coolant passage finding its way into the oil gallery

how would you feel if you pulled a shifty, slapped it back together and after 20km its a milkshake under there?

• Upvote 1