20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Thanks alot people!

3 comments, its my lucky night.

Terry does some very very good work. Hes the man for widening, refinishing, and polishing things.

I hope its faster than before, my changes have mainly been designed to create a bit more midrange torque.

Now 4-2-1s instead of 4-1s. Also got smaller throttles (port speed) and shorter trumpets as a slight compromise to hopefully retain much of the top end revviness I had before.

Anyhow, ill be off for a tune soon, Ill be sure to post the sheet. Then ill be after a time sheet too. :laff:

Members dont see this ad
Booked in at 8am, Moss St Slacks Creek. Right Price Exhausts.

Going for a metal cat, 2 inch pipe over diff, single resonator, and just a regular muffler. Should sound a touch quieter than before. Its super stealthy now. A bit too quiet with a stock ae71 rear section.

I go past there like ten times a day for work, they are always very busy and see some quality cars in there too, I'm sure the job will be top notch!

I go past there like ten times a day for work, they are always very busy and see some quality cars in there too, I'm sure the job will be top notch!

The thing goes great with the new exhaust. Its running a tune that had a different sized exhaust, different headers, different size throttles and different trumpets but f@$k it goes good. I can highly recommend going to 2 inch pipe even on a press bent exhaust. It so grunty now. Exactly what I had hoped, and with a tune it can only get better! There was a dyno day on next to the exhaust shop, I was tempted to drop in and see how many kw it made.

The thing goes great with the new exhaust. Its running a tune that had a different sized exhaust, different headers, different size throttles and different trumpets but f@$k it goes good. I can highly recommend going to 2 inch pipe even on a press bent exhaust. It so grunty now. Exactly what I had hoped, and with a tune it can only get better! There was a dyno day on next to the exhaust shop, I was tempted to drop in and see how many kw it made.

Pics of zorst.

That's awesome dude. It's funny how some people get carried away with peak power figures, rather than how well a motor lays down what it has

Its more responsive from low revs and it still pulls hard at top. Feels much solider than before. Much nicer to drive.

Its not like its got 312s and massive lift to flow for, its a stock head with 256? duration cams. No need to get too carried away with peak figures on this type of setup. They had 4-2-1s from the factory...

WOAH yeah! looking Clean, Matt!

Thank you gents, thats the goal, tidy and stock at first glance. He went and painted it flat black i don't know why but I don't really care, its less noticeable and I'm happy how smooth the diff bend is this time, however its a tiny bit too smooth, its just able to clip the panhard rod at the top of the rear left suspension travel. ive been meaning to dial in more compression damping, so I will try that. See if it slows its up travel. I will have to lower the front 5mm too.

Yet more fine tuning has been done, and its been so rewarding.

Brad came over today and switch a wire to stop the motor cutting on the windscreen washer.

I swapped from the Silvertop style throttle linkage to the blackstop style. Its firmer under foot, smoother and has less play thanks to the fewer moving parts. Its so much better its like night and day.

Then I adjusted the bonnet so it sits completely firm and doesnt vibrate.

Also played with the throttle rest adjustment. Ive got it idling well under the 1650rpm it used to, most likely around 1000rpm. I also played with the idle air bypass screws by feel since they were completely removed when I cleaned the throttles in the parts washer. I just didnt hesitate or overthink it, just put a hand on the motor and smoothed it right out.

The most effective thing that I did was adjust then recalibrate the tps sensor. Once the map was reset it became a completely different animal, its crisp and its almost not in need of tuning. I still will, however, since it will be such a simple exercise.

post-2885-1272269697_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1272269737_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1272269759_thumb.jpg