Ke10 Rubbers

corolla_nut

OK.

So I want to know everyone's opinions for once and for all so that I can make the best decision possible.

I am currently trying to reassemble a ke10 and have been umming and aahing about rubbers for it for months.

So the options are:

lilavadee - boot rubber, 2x door rubbers and both windscreen rubbers = $150 +$49 post

rare spares - approx $600 - $700 for a "full" rubber kit excluding rear quarters

clark rubber - approx $900 for a full rubber kit

scott's old auto rubbers same price as rare spares

or buying the rubber in lengths myself and cutting and mitreing them to fit (not really keen on this).

What are people's experiences with these brands/retailers?

Edited by corolla_nut

Members dont see this ad

Last 3 are all the same products as far as I'm aware.

I like Clark Rubber because they're local and have all the rubbers (windscreen rubbers by order) except the front quarter windows... but no one has those.

Except for the front and rear windscreen rubbers you will be cutting and mitering from lengths no matter where you buy from.

I bought my Datsun 1600 stuff off Scotts. The first lot vanished in the mail and he sent a second lot w/o charging, except for the mailing, which I thought was very good.

Its all on except the door rubbers. I've done one with a bit of superglue and just haven't got around to the rest. Must get it done and sold... it on the list!

nah, would not use RS, wrong stuff and to expensive. Clarke has a good range at reasonable pricing.

I got some window-belts and door rubbers and various clips from WWW.spectrumrubber.com.au, as RS stuffed me about and Clarke did not have the desired profile. And you can also try Grippy Rubber Products, in Silverwater, NSW.

Toyofancy, can you tell me what is so wrong with the rare spares kit? I was planning to go through them for my rubbers but will go elsewhere if they are that bad.

It's hard to make sense of any of this. In this topic as well as a few others some people loved the thailand ebay items, some hated them. Some people love the rare spares gear and some hate it. I think i'll draw a name out of a hat...

lilavadee - boot rubber, 2x door rubbers and both windscreen rubbers = $150 +$49 post

This is what I got. I have to say I was VERY happy with the door rubbers. I havent tryed the windscreen rubbers, but have heard bad things about them.

As for the boot rubber, throw it away. Its a rubbish glue on thing....

I got two sets from lilavadee about a year ago one set is on one car as you can see from the picks they didn't last an that is with the car

garaged .Door rubbers are better but are a bit too hard you have to slarm the door to get it to close even after a year (new rubbers do make it hard to close door at first but after a month or three start to come good not these) Boot rubber is ok if you get the right glue not normal contact get the right stuff from clark rubber it will work .I have a spare set of front & rear rubbers for a ke15 that I'm not going to use if anyone wants them at a great price front is same as a ke10 .It's a bit hard to complain to the seller in Thailand a year down the track that the rubbers you got are no good .Would be nice to at lease get 5 to 10 years out of them before they crack that bad that you worry that the trim strips may fall out let alone the window.The pictures don't lie and both front & back rubbers are in the same condition.

post-867-1258108881_thumb.jpg

post-867-1258109417_thumb.jpg

post-867-1258109443_thumb.jpg

stevejw, that's not good. :)

I bought a set of those rubbers from lilavadee a while back that are still in the box. I intended to replace the 40+ yo crap looking rubbers on my ke15 when I get around to painting it. After seeing your pics it looks like I shouldn't bother, the originals look better than your one year old ones. Not good at all.

Edited by Felix

• 2 weeks later...